Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us design product interfaces and the standard infrastructure for conversational AI built on top of the Rasa Open Source framework.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Well-designed experiences are at the core of our mission—giving makers the tools to build AI assistants that work for everyone. Working along side two technical Product Managers in the Developer Tribe, you will be crucial to our customers and our business success.
- You’ll build empathy for our customers and their teams of developers, designers, data scientists, writers, product managers, business leaders, and more.
- You’ll practice the full cycle of researching needs, exploring ideas, creating mockups, testing with users, and delivering final designs for new or improved features and functionality.
- You’ll use your comfort with technical domains to make tools that feel familiar to developers.
- You’ll work closely with your peers in design, product management, and engineering to see your work through release, adoption, and successful use.
- You will be responsible for researching and designing solutions around the key APIs in the Rasa Core Framework and associated infrastructure.
- You’ll help bring natural language interfaces to people and cultures worldwide, creating a technical revolution that everyone can participate in and benefit from.
At Rasa, we think and work holistically, and we care deeply about the overall user experience. We value experience and expertise as much as interest and passion in conversational AI. We recognize that every designer has strengths in some areas and opportunities for growth in others.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You understand and know how to maintain user journeys for technical personae across our internal and external customers, mapping challenges, and opportunities.
- You have experience designing new products or adding new features to existing ones. You can show us examples of how you took an idea or solved a problem and successfully shipped something significant.
- You thoroughly document your work, synthesize your insights, and surface meaningful data points for your peers in product and design and other members of the development team.
- You’re confident when sharing your work and humble enough to take constructive feedback to improve your understanding and approach.
- You can effectively communicate and collaborate with teammates who aren’t designers, like engineers, researchers, and more.
- You can balance technical, user, and business needs and make informed decisions about how the user experience should work.
- You’re comfortable with tools like Figma and can iterate quickly on your designs solo or in partnership with your design peers.
It would be nice if:
- You have experience working on open source projects, enterprise software, or developer-centric platforms.
- You have a nuanced understanding of startups/scaleups and complex team dynamics and the ability to navigate them effectively.
- You are equally comfortable working at a whiteboard with the product development team or a boardroom with executives.
- You’re familiar with creating or working with design systems.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- A stipend for personal development fund & paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as annual social events
- Vitality Health (UK Only)
Rasa is the leading conversational AI platform, enabling enterprises to build next-level customer experiences. Rasa's conversational AI platform allows companies to build better customer experiences by lowering costs through automation, improving customer satisfaction, and providing a scalable way to gather customer intelligence. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy, security, and scalability needed by enterprises of every size. Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Basis Set Ventures. www.rasa.com
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.