Director of Development, Conversational Experiences
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that helps our customers put more money in their pockets, eliminate work and drudgery, and ensure every financial decision is made with confidence.
Intuit is transforming into an open, trusted, and easy-to-build-on platform where we and other partners solve the most pressing customer problems and deliver awesome experiences. Our AI-driven expert platform strategy is driving strong momentum and accelerating innovation. As part of this strategy, Intuit is building platform capabilities to accelerate development velocity for both internal and external consumption.
The Development Services and Experiences (DevX) team at Intuit builds capabilities that developers use for building and running Intuit’s flagship applications and ecosystems. We are on a journey to enable hyper-scale growth on both our systems and our development processes and are making fundamental shifts that will enable this journey.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader who loves setting and delivering on bold vision and building and growing teams. This leader will instill a sense of urgency and accountability and will also have the ability to create and persuasively articulate a strategic vision of conversational platform capabilities across all of Intuit’s businesses and products.
About the Job
As the Development leader of Conversational Experiences, you will set the long-term vision for how our customers experience Intuit’s offerings across the ecosystem as conversational experiences (chat and voice) become the primary mode of interaction in both web and mobile platforms--and you will be responsible for executing that vision. From ideation to development to adoption, you’ll lead an organization focused on making a greater impact on Intuit’s products and programs by delivering the platform capabilities to create highly engaging and interactive conversational experiences and NLU-powered user experiences across the Intuit ecosystem.
This Director of Product Development will enable delivery of highly engaging and interactive conversational experiences across our products and 3P applications to engage customers at the point of need. This Director will deliver the ability to externalize conversational experiences & supporting task completion while also modernizing the conversational designer, UI component cataloging, skills creation/management, and deliver paved road experiences for chatbot developers, conversational designers and partner developers. The team will also significantly improve the low code capabilities, enable modular reusable conversational experiences development, deliver rich analytics dashboards, and feedback loops and support for different types of NLU models.
The ideal candidate’s experience encompasses technical architecture and/or software development, business strategy, and people management experience. This leader will have the ability to leverage prior success building and rearchitecting products and platforms that run at scale.
- 10+ years of experience in the software product industry building and running large software development teams including senior architects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality SaaS and PaaS products and platforms that serve millions of customers
- Effectively balances domain expertise & leadership skills to drive impact & results
- Track record of attracting and developing top talent
- Track record of success leading multiple complex projects in their craft
- Track record of establishing technology sourcing directions for the team and provide context for these decisions to the company
- Track record of delivering outstanding business outcomes with effective and fast decision making that takes into account the interests of all four key stakeholders – employees, customers, shareholders, and partners
- Experience in making successful trade-offs that balance the short- and long-term product goals and build vs. buy decisions
- Experience driving engineering design using Agile process to drive innovation, accelerate decisions and outcomes while minimizing risk
- Proven ability to lead and influence large, distributed product development efforts and ability to partner with the senior engineering leaders to build high-performing engineering teams
- Partner with senior engineering leaders, product, and design leaders to influence organizational and structural changes
- Proficient in NLU, AI/ML, front-end/back-end architecture & design
- Understanding of industry-leading technology/solutions in big data and machine learning. In-depth knowledge of industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies
- Experience using data insights for product refinement
- Experience transitioning a monolith to a cloud-based, service-oriented architecture
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the eventual right outcomes
- Arbitrates technical disagreements across teams
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrate excellent end-to-end thinking with multi-disciplinary experiences and designs
- Increase the rate of innovation delivered to customers by increasing development velocity
- Deliver world-class conversational experiences for at least 80% of critical interactions across all offerings to help with task completion, reduce support contact, and enable in-product NLU-powered interactions
- Lead the Conversational AI strategy and drive teams in delivering and growing successful conversational experiences for Intuit’s customers and developers. Ability to be scrappy, experiment and learn while driving target state technical architecture
- The role requires leading teams in a complex domain that serves as a platform/capability for all Intuit products
- This leader will drive/partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams across Product, Design, Partnerships, Marketing, and Customer Support to deliver customer outcomes
- Drive and deliver an open platform that fosters open contribution within the company and with the external developer and financial industry
- Drive company-wide initiatives like platform and data architecture, process, rubrics for technology career tracks, hiring/coaching senior individual contributors
- Be a key contributor to ensure the product is highly secure, available, scalable, resilient, and cloud ready. Inspire teams’ innovation and deliver quality at speed across product offerings and platform services
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation, efficient decision making, and individual/team accountability
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Influence engineering, product, business and other cross-functional leaders that can drive success for the individual development teams. Build strong interpersonal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smooth execution
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proud makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint.