Principal Conversational AI Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Are you passionate about using the latest technology to create new customer experience? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If so, we would like to hear from you. The Conversational AI team within Ally Digital Solutions is growing, and we are seeking experienced software engineers to design and build an industry leading conversational AI capability for Ally customers. Proven expertise in developing secure and robust software applications as well as organizational leadership, collaboration and communication skills are required.
The Work Itself
- Work closely with business and technical partners to translate business requirements into technical specifications for delivering new features and capabilities.
- Perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications according to the specifications.
- Establish and enhance processes to delivery software efficiently and reliably.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in cloud, DevOps and AI/NLP technologies and incorporate in software design and development.
- Actively engage in agile software development routines for planning and delivery of features.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members.
The Skills You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience developing software applications using robust programming practices such as test driven development, code reusability and reliability.
- Strong knowledge of multiple, modern programming languages such as Python, Swift, Java or C/C++
- Experience with Cloud Application architecture, deployments and server less computing methodologies using AWS and/or OpenShift
- Experience using CI/CD framework and DevOps tools including Terraform, Jenkins, Git.
- Experience with ML and NLU frameworks in Python (ie. Numpy, PyTorch, Spacy, Huggingface etc) and MLOps practices is highly preferred.
- Significant experience on multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Excellent analytical, project management, problem solving and communication skills.
- A passion for continuous learning and delivering results in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- BS Degree or 5+ equivalent work experience in a software engineering discipline
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at email@example.com. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Ally, we’re focused on doing right by you and your finances.