Senior Deep Learning Scientist, NLP & Dialog Systems
Widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers, NVIDIA is an industry leader with groundbreaking developments in High-Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, autonomous cars and conversational AI that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company.” We're looking to grow our company, and build our teams with the brightest people in the world. Join us at the forefront of technological advancement.
NVIDIA is looking for Senior Data Scientists to develop high-impact, high-visibility Conversational AI product "Riva" & improve the experience of millions of customers. If you're creative & passionate about solving real world conversational AI problems, come join our Riva Product engineering team. For more details on Riva check https://developer.nvidia.com/riva
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, Train, Finetune, Deploy, and Integrate NLU, NLG, IRQA, machine translation, and dialog models into dialog system applications
- Measure and benchmark model and system performance, analyzing model accuracy and making recommendations and maintain NLP model evaluation systems
- Drive the gathering, building, and annotation of domain specific datasets to train the NLP neural networks, to build Utterance Transformations, Dialog Modeling, Named Entity Recognition and Q&A systems.
- Gather knowhow on datasets for NLP and dialog systems training & evaluation
- Characterize performance and quality metrics across platforms for various AI and system components, and develop graceful error handling capability for dialog systems
- Develop knowledge discovery, and reasoning capabilities including but not limited to disambiguation, clarification, and anticipation for dialog systems
- Integrate dialog systems with various NLP and backend fulfillment systems
- Participate in developing and reviewing code, design documents, use case reviews, and test plan reviews, identifying problems and recommending solutions and performing triage
What we need to see:
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or Applied Math with 5+ years of experience
- Excellent programming skills in Python with strong fundamentals in programming, optimizations and software design
- Strong knowledge of ML/DL techniques, algorithms and tools with exposure to CNN, RNN (LSTM), Transformers (BERT, BART, GPT/T5, Megatron, LLMs)
- Hands-on experience on conversational AI Technologies like Natural Language Understanding, Natural Language Generation, Dialog systems (including system integration, state tracking and action prediction), Information retrieval and Question and Answering, Machine Translation etc.
- Experience with Training BERT, GPT and Megatron Models for different NLP and dialog system tasks using “PyTorch” Deep Learning Frameworks and performing NLP data wrangling and tokenization
- Understanding of MLOPS life cycle and experience with MLOPS workflows & traceability and versioning of datasets including knowhow of database management and queries (in SQL, MongoDB etc)
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with ability to work across teams for product features and improvements
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Native or near-native fluency in a non-English language - Spanish / Mandarin / German / Japanese / Russian / French / UK English / Arabic / Hindi / Korean / Italian / Portuguese
- Experience with developing multi-lingual machine translation production models
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with GPU based technologies like CUDA, CuDNN and TensorRT
- Background with Dockers and Kubernetes and with deploying machine learning models on data center, cloud, and embedded systems
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our exclusive engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $190,800.00 - 262,350.00 USD.
NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for commission.
Base pay is based on market location and may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, and other job-related reasons.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.