Sr. Data Scientist - NLP
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Data Scientist - NLP
As a Sr. Data Scientist - NLP you will be part of the Digital Technology and Innovation Center, the central hub for R&D in artificial intelligence and digital innovation of Siemens Healthineers. Our global footprint extends to USA (Princeton, NJ), China, India, and various countries within Europe. Our highly skilled AI experts specialize in using large data collections and powerful supercomputing infrastructure to build artificial intelligence solutions in close collaboration with government agencies, universities, and healthcare providers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
If you are an NLP expert who is strongly motivated by opportunities to leverage state-of the-art techniques for multimodal (text and other types of data) learning to solve real-world problems; if you prefer to think outside-the-box and driven to create solutions for complex domains like healthcare; if you aim to perform better than the best and are focused on exceeding customer expectations; then you are who we are looking for!
The successful candidate would accomplish a wide variety of NLP and AI tasks including:
- performing research/investigation of state-of-the-art techniques and algorithms:
- for conversational AI, semantic search and document summarization to address challenges in healthcare-related customer service workflows
- for information extraction to address challenges in Imaging decision support
- for multimodal data analysis (text and time series) to address challenges in predicting/forecasting events in Imaging and Lab machine operations
- developing and evaluating production-ready AI/NLP demos and applications for customer service, Imaging decision support, and machine operations
- generating technical reports, invention disclosures and other relevant documents to support productization of applications developed
- advising senior research and business stakeholders on various aspects of his/her work
- identifying and applying problem-solving skills in addressing scientific and business challenges of interest to the company
- PhD in computer science or related discipline
- broad knowledge of NLP and AI methods through successful completion of complex assignments
- hands-on experience in programming (Python, Java)
- hands-on experience with deep learning packages and libraries for NLP and multimodal learning
- familiar with principles of software development, version control, and cloud-based deployment
- provides track record of publications & presentations at top-tier conferences/competitions
- experience with developing and deploying conversational AI is a plus
- experience working within a multidisciplinary team is a plus
- Presentations at top-tier conferences/competitions, e.g., ACL, EMNLP and AAAI
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.