Junior VUX Designer (Graduate)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello, we’re Vixen Labs and we’re looking for a Junior Voice User Experience Designer to join our growing team. Sounds like a mouthful doesn’t it. You’ll probably go by VUX’er.
We are a voice technology agency, and we are proud to be one of the world’s leading strategy consultancies and app development studios for voice assistants and conversational AI. Put simply, we help global brands and businesses connect with audiences in the most intuitive way possible – with their voices.
Over the past two years we have our client list and team size has grown, and now we’re looking for a VUX’er we can train up to produce exceptional voice experiences in the Vixen Labs way.
Who you are
You might be a first jobber, second jobber, or a graduate looking for your first role.
Whether you studied UX design, communications, or game design, what matters is a strong interest in Voice, technology and conversation design, a knowledge of chat bots and other messaging channels, and a great aptitude for structural thinking and details, as well as creative thinking. Your aptitude for learning and ability to assimilate new information fast will be evidenced by at least a 2:1 degree if you have already finished university, and a stellar academic record.
You will have some experience in UX design, and/or are familiar with basic UX methodology and terminology through your studies, work experience or first job, and also will have a basic understanding of how an agency works.
You’ll need to have a self-motivated ‘roll up your sleeves and muck in’ attitude, as we are a small company, and you won’t be flustered by a fast pace, or a change of brief when you’re already halfway through. It’s all part of a good days work here at Vixen.
Finally, we will need you to have perfect spoken and written English, and German too is a plus.
What you’ll do
- As a Junior Voice User Experience Designer, you will be part of our vibrant team developing conversational experiences for platforms such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- You will be part of the entire design and developing process, and help take exciting projects from vision to implementation.
- You will be especially involved in designing the information architecture, user experiences and conversational flows for our projects, for example through flowcharts and prototypes.
- You’ll also help create decks and documentation to explain the experience’s vision and functionality to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Through close collaboration with our VUX, creative and development team you will gain solid knowledge about our creation processes and voice technology, and will be able to take on more responsibility as your skills evolve.
What we offer
- A competitive starting salary of £22-25k dependent on location and experience
- A generous benefits package, including health care cash plan, life insurance, private GP and health screening, cycle to work scheme, payroll giving, discounted gym membership, highstreet discounts, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Access to our collaborative co-working space based at Working From Southwark (Subject to Covid restrictions for those working in the London area).
- A work culture focused on empathy, honesty and a passion to innovate together to create lasting value for our employees, Vixen Labs and the wider world.
How to apply:
We’re not expecting you to have a long CV. So instead, we’d like you to show us your relevant experience and educational background so far in the form of a flow chart, accompanied by a short cover note to tell us why you’re the perfect fit for the role. Send these to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please link to your LinkedIn profile too.
Please note, applicants who only send a CV via LinkedIn will not be considered.
Please note, while this role is remote for the foreseeable future, this is a UK-based role – you must hold the legal right work and remain in the UK beyond December 31st 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.