Conversational Designer - Speech-Enabled Interactions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Author by Humana
Come help us redefine the future of healthcare. With a history of transformation over the last 50 years, Humana is once again transforming itself using a startup approach. At Author by Humana, we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our Seniors (65+) and help them lead a fulfilling life.Responsibilities
You will be joining the Product and Experience Design team to drive conversational design efforts from strategic inception to tactical implementation. This will include designing speech-enabled interactions across a variety of usability contexts and device types. You will collaborate closely with product managers, interface and experience designers, researchers, and developers to empower our members and help them navigate the complexities of their healthcare journey.
What you’ll bring…
- Proven track record of creating scalable, multimodal conversational experiences that feel natural and intuitive, are task-oriented, and delight users with their ease of use.
- Technical chops to understand the guardrails between which you’ll be working, but an innate sense of when to push the boundaries and be a champion for our members.
- High self-motivation, excellent communication skills, an open mind, and the ability to thrive in multi-disciplinary teams that will rely on you as the conversational subject matter expert (SME).
How you will lead…
- Define Author by Humana’s conversational system persona, establish language models, and craft content standards for consistency across applications and modalities.
- Perform extensive stakeholder requirements gathering in collaboration with Product and Consumer Insights.
- Identify member personas, map conversational journeys, and prototype ideas.
- Conduct user research, with help from our insights and analytics teams, to test and continually optimize your solutions.
- Help define objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the conversational track and individual initiatives.
- Curiosity in exploring ways conversational design can enhance members’ experience across new and existing journeys.
- Help define conversational QA protocols, and assist development in identifying defects.
- Online portfolio of recent work.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in conversational design.
- Dual expertise in conversational and UX or UI product design.
- Google Assistant/Dialogflow and/or Amazon Alexa experience.
- Familiarity working with Seniors, 65+.
- Healthcare experience.
Location: WAH MA, WAH NH, WAH RI. Office location is in Boston, MA however Associates currently work from home.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.