Head of Voice
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one.
We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
We are looking for a Head of Voice to lead and grow our in-app writers guild - directly managing our creative team of UX writers and conversational designers.
Cleo’s tone of voice is our brand - it’s embedded across everything we think, make, do. And supporting that voice, we have a close-knit team with ambitions to change how people relate to their money. To help them, we’re looking to you to build a chat-focused culture from the ground-up. One that designers, UX writers and copywriters everywhere will recognise as not just a great place to work, but as a place that’s making a difference.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, creative expert to join our team. In this high profile role, you’ll help define and champion the North Star vision for Cleo, through our wry humour and motivational tone - to be the money app that’s got your back, helping people make strong money decisions from day one, you’ll be establishing a cohesive (and innovative) vision for role of voice in the overall Cleo experience.
- Driving the strategic voice of Cleo and initiatives to highlight its importance as the core of the product in building long-term relationships with our customers, influencing company, product and the brand strategy.
- Able to provide critical feedback for voice and visual designers across the organisation and collaborate with product teams to define and roll out relationship-first customer experiences in a delightful way.
- Leading the way from definition, through to launch of new features. From the initial ideation of the approachable/ jargon-free experience, getting buy-in, translating the brand vision into actionable roadmap items that achieve both best in class CX with our smart conversational tone - leading the story.
- Providing best-in-class expertise in producing and finalizing tone and copy UI designs during the implementation of our products.
- You will collaborate with numerous product, design, customer research and marketing teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to raise the bar on how we continue to make the role of Cleo’s voice, central to our product and integral to the overall customer experience, measured by an outsized impact on customers’ engagement with Cleo and how many elements “bring joy” moments to the customer.
- Building the conversation style guide across the product, working with the design and marketing teams to build the existing systems that ensure consistency and scalability of the Cleo voice across teams and disciplines.
- Present and defend long-term conversational design vision as well as short-term solutions with the wider leadership team.
- A strong vision to lead, inspire and upskill our Conversational Designers and UX writing team.
- Produce and / or oversee production of customer flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous CX interface specifications with our product and design teams.
- Representing Cleo at industry events and meetups.
You’ll ideally have:
- A strong understanding and 7+ years experience building complex conversational interactions and can also educate across other teams who are new to the technology.
- A great background working for a product with chat and relationship-building at it’s heart. You’re a user research evangelist and have headed-up a Design or Copy function.
- You’re a well-versed leader, and can build the creative vision, motivating teams to ensure their success and growth.
- 7+ years experience as a copywriter/ user experience designer/ conversational designer; experience in human computer interaction.
- Exceptional communication skills, we don’t have many processes in place so you’ll need to be great at establishing clarity and building structure.
- A positive self-starter approach and experience working in agile/ scrum environments
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's your money. Own it.