Director, Sales Consulting/Sales Engineering - US Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
Director, Sales Consulting
Will be responsible for leading a team of sales consultants along with directly supporting strategic customer opportunities. LivePerson’s Sales Consultants are the technical subject matter experts who partner closely with our sales people throughout all phases of a deal providing technical and strategic consultation end to end.
- Reports to the Sr. Director Sales Consulting North America
- Player Coach position, Supporting specific strategic account executives or strategic opportunities as identified by sales leadership along with ensuring the success of your team.
- Works closely with other Sales Consultants, Sales Executives, Sales Leaders, Account Managers, Engineering, and Professional Services staff
- Works directly with LivePerson’s prospective and existing customers, both in support of the account owner or independently
- Directly contributes to the achievement of the NA revenue target, with commission incentives tied to that target
- 20%-50% travel as needed
- Actively drive and manage the pre-sales process within the team.
- Coach, support and develop members of team – from both a product perspective as well as customer interaction
- Assist in the review of SOWs and technical solution validations
- Work closely with Technical Solutions (Professional Services) leadership to ensure appropriate scoping processes are being followed
- Work with Sr Leadership to develop quarterly MBO targets for individual team members
- Build and deliver sophisticated demonstrations around LivePersons Conversational Cloud Platform including : Conversation Builder (AI) and key partner technologies (ie, Apple Business Chat, WhatsApp, Instagram, Google My Business, etc.)
- Partner with sales people and leadership to develop the strategy for winning a given Opp
- Architect new and custom solutions (at a high level) to set the vision for how our products will integrate into a customer’s infrastructure
- Drive the Technical Win through to handover and kickoff with the customer
- As needed, provide technical and industry expertise to other business units (non-sales) within LivePerson. ie, R&D, Marketing, Partner relations, legal, M&A, Investor relations, HR, etc.
- Understand and share information about LivePerson’s competitors as you discover it and, do so while following LivePerson’s ethical guidelines
- Collaborate with team members to author responses to “Requests for Proposals” (RFPs, RFIs, RFTs, etc.)
- From time to time, educate and train the Sales team on LivePerson’s solutions
- Mentor and monitor on-boarding new members of the Sales Consulting team
- From time to time support customer conferences by running demo stations or by acting as a scheduled speaker at the event
- Travel as needed to support strategic deals and customer events
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Sales Consulting / Pre-Sales Engineering experience in a Senior or leadership role, with a proven track record of helping to close large Enterprise deals.
- Product Management or similar experience will also be considered.
- Previous Team leadership experience preferred
- Previous Remote Team Management experience preferred
- Ideally, experience will be related to: web, martech, video, mobile app, telephony, commerce and/or, Conversational AI.
- Very strong public speaking skills
- Very strong written communication skills
- Project Management expertise
- Understanding of API concepts, UML diagramming and Agile development workflows
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure concepts. GCP or AWS certification is a plus.
- BA or BS Degree, or equivalent
- Not required but, desirable: education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, AI or related
- Strong, general technical aptitude. Fluent in the use of Windows or MacOS, Office, GSuite, video editing software (ie, Camtasia), photo editing software (ie, Photoshop), iOS devices, Android devices.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to Fast Company’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.