Sr. Sales Consultant/Sr. Sales Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
Senior Sales Consultant
LivePerson Sales Consultants are the technical subject matter experts who partner closely with our sales people throughout all phases of a deal. This is a senior role within the sales consulting team, that while there are no direct reports it’s expected that you will mentor other team members along with obtaining SME (Subject Matter Expertise) in areas critical to the success of opportunities.
- Reports to the Sr. Director of Sales Consulting North America
- Works closely with other Sales Consultants, Sales Executives, Sales Leaders, Account Managers, Engineering, and Professional Services staff
- Works directly with LivePerson’s prospective and existing customers, both in support of the account owner or independently
- Directly contributes to the achievement of the NA revenue target, with commission incentives tied to that target
- Driving the winning of new license sales revenue for LivePerson solutions
- Providing specialist technical and business knowledge related to LivePerson solutions
- Liaising with Product on enhancements, future directions for LivePerson solutions
- Successfully create, present and deliver demos/presentations/seminars and events as required
- Architect new and custom solutions (at a high level) to set the vision for how our products will integrate into a customer’s infrastructure
- Developing and communicating Business, Technical, and Solution value propositions around the LivePerson solutions
- Monitoring and communicating competitive activity and LivePerson’s differentiators
- Educating and training the Sales Team/Partners on the LivePerson solutions
- Understand customer requirements
- Provide scoping information for solution to sales representatives for use in final pricing
- Review SOWs and ensure appropriate scoping has been completed in accordance with LivePersons policies.
- Mentor other team members
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years as a sales consultant (engineer)
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- Not required but, desirable: education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, AI or related
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- Willing to travel 20% - 50%
- Must have worked with CXM, CRM, eCommerce software in the past and be familiar with market trends
- Strong, general technical aptitude. Fluent in the use of Windows or MacOS, Office, GSuite, video editing software (ie, Camtasia), photo editing software (ie, Photoshop), iOS devices, Android devices.
- Maintain an understanding of the LivePerson solution and its future development
- Work with Sales Management/Sales Teams/Partner Management on specific opportunities and their creation
- Actively research developments in the solution internally and in the marketplace
- Identify and maintain an internal network of people who can support an opportunity
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Attend and present at appropriate marketing events and key industry conferences
- Develop and present internal Sales Training
- Maintain knowledge pertinent to the solution for improving sales and facilitate knowledge share with other regions
- From time to time, educate and train the Sales team on LivePerson’s solutions
- Decision Making
- Influencing & Negotiating
- Customer Focus
- Building Relationships
- Personal Drive
- Planning and Organizing
- Organizational Awareness
- Customer Needs Analysis
- Solution Mastery
- Understanding of a number of industries and their customer experience strategies
- Professional/Technical Depth & Credibility
Functional Sales Competencies
- Sales Process Acumen, particularly competitive solution sales
- Competitive Awareness
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.