Staff Software Engineer, Conversation Engine
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lark is the world's largest A.I. healthcare provider, servicing nearly 2 million patients living with or at risk of a chronic disease. Lark is a companion app on the user’s phone providing real-time coaching, guidance, and health insights to users. We are on a mission to disrupt the healthcare industry and make the world a healthier, happier place. Come join our team!
We're hiring a talented Staff Software Engineer for the Conversation Engineering team to join our growing team where you'll help build and scale the intelligent Chatbot Engine that is interpreting the world's health sensor data and empowering people to live fitter and happier lives.
What You’ll Do
- Define and review projects by collaborating with other engineering teams, execs, dev ops, and the product team
- Build new features, refactor, and scale existing backend systems that ingest and process data from mobile devices
- Work on our new backend systems using state of the art technologies that provide the best possible user experience to our users
- Rewrite and re-architect our existing services from other languages such as Java and Python to Typescript and GoLang
- Build the tools and infrastructure that will easily allow us to design and create user interactions
- Instrument systems to make metrics available in real time to other teams like dev ops, analytics, data engineering, and other engineering teams
- Develop everything new in Typescript, Node, Next.js, and GoLang
- Uphold and help define best practices and collaborate across teams, mentor junior engineers
- Be quality driven: write fast automated tests to achieve a very high, close to 100% code coverage with high quality
- Follow and better define coding guidelines to ensure that the security and privacy of our user data is ensured
What You’ll Need
- Expertise with data modeling, and performance tuning data systems and access
- Expertise with OO and functional programming
- Expertise with designing DSLs or APIs
- Experience with integrating machine learning models into applications
- Strong sense of empathy for end users
- Ability to work closely with product and designers to create optimal solutions and trade offs
- Experience building highly scalable, high volume, and fast systems
- Experience with tooling that assists with optimizing and troubleshooting systems
- Awareness of most current best practices, tools, and newest technologies
- Knowledge of AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Lambdas, Serverless
- Communication skills, capacity to work cross-functionally with both non-technical and highly technical team members
- Well-versed in Git and microservice architecture
- Expertise with DyanmoDB or other NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Knowledge or expertise in Kubernetes is a plus
- Familiarity with React or Next.js is a big plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent in a STEM field
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience in sprint planning and working with Agile methodologies
Working at Lark
Lark offers the option to work remotely in the United States. For Colorado Applicants only: minimum annual salary is $140,000 (minimum salary varies for other geographies). You may also be offered a bonus, stock options and/or benefits. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
Lark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that diverse teams foster innovation and add to our mission-driven culture. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Lark Health is the leading digital provider of chronic disease management and prevention solutions.