Specialist, Technology Analyst - Conversational AI & UI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide’s Information Technology team could be the place for you!
In this role, you'll combine people and technology to enable intelligent, digital conversations that touch the lives of our customers every day. Come lead technical analysis with a high-energy team that is constantly learning and evolving Nationwide's conversational AI capabilities as well as the conversational interfaces that sit on top of them.
The ideal candidate has proven:
- Ability and passion to lead and empower teams to deliver extraordinary results
- Strong problem solver with proven agility to work across multiple tech stacks, teams, and organizations
- Natural curiosity and ability to quickly learn and empower teams to apply innovative technology to create compelling solutions
- Outstanding leadership, relationship, and communication skills
- Experience and appreciation for working in a mature product operating model, leveraging End-to-End Agile practices to continuously deliver customer value
- Extensive experience with technical analysis and knowledge of conversational experiences
- Understanding of basic architecture, technical design, technical limitations, and dependency interactions associated with a conversational tech stack
Compensation Grade: F4
Job Description Summary
If you’re passionate about delivering technology solutions to support a company providing extraordinary care to its customers, then Nationwide Technology is the place for you. Nationwide's industry-leading technology workforce embraces an agile work environment and a collaborative culture to deliver outstanding solutions and results. If that sounds like something you aspire to, we want to hear from you!
As a Technology Analyst you will partner with the business to understand business needs and outcomes as well as provide all types of analysis skills related to understanding and meeting business outcomes. They translate business outcomes into solution requirements using techniques such as facilitation and visual management. A Technology Analyst should have broad technology and analysis experience including: facilitation with large stakeholder groups, managing the complete requirements lifecycle, conducting structured analysis using both quantitative and qualitative techniques, analyzing data and application suites, and problem-solving using a collaborative style. Technology Analysts are engaged in work efforts at all scales ranging from minor defect fixes and enhancements to development of new applications. You will also work on all types of solution approaches (e.g. custom development, package implementation) and domains (e.g. all application types, data warehouses, Web, and Cloud).Job Description
- Partners with the business and other technology professionals to understand business needs and outcomes.
- Translates multiple business outcomes into solution requirements.
- Executes moderate requirements and ensures business alignment using facilitation and visual management techniques.
- Documents and clarifies requirements work products.
- Provides mid-level analysis related to understanding and meeting business outcomes.
- Partners with others to verify, trace and manage functional and non-functional requirements.
- Possess a good understanding of the applications used to support the business in a specific Business Solution Area(s) (BSA).
- Conducts quality improvements by providing complex analysis of relevant data.
- Executes the complete requirements lifecycle from idea through implementation.
- Leads or partners to facilitate requirement sessions with business leaders and other technology professionals using visual facilitation techniques.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Technology Manager or Director.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: Technology certifications or designation are not required but encouraged.
Experience: Six years of relevant work experience including software delivery or educational experience within a technology domain. Experience with delivering Technology and/or business solutions across industries, platforms and/or lines of business (LOB) within the insurance and/or financial services industries. Demonstrated capability in managing the requirements lifecycle, including facilitation, elicitation, and documenting requirements.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Strong analytical and communication skills, knowledge of planning. Ability to influence, negotiate and set priorities needed. Insurance/financial services industry knowledge a plus.
Other criteria, including leadership or technical skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not Eligible).
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some travel maybe required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Your application has been successfully submitted.