Software Development Engineer - Workday Assistant Chatbot Builder
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
The Workday Assistant Builder team develops the application for developers to write conversational UI flows. We focus on the design time web application as well as the execution engine of the flows. This app enables developers to build the flows (or Assistant Skills) powering the experience for the Workday Assistant chatbot, which is also available in channels such as Slack and Teams.About the Role
We are looking for an inquisitive and hardworking full-stack developer with the focus on backend, who proudly contributes clean and quality code, collaborates effectively with various partners, and can manage multiple priorities with competing timelines. The opportunity here is for you to be able to effectively use your backend knowledge as we continuously improve our platform.
You will be working with a team of passionate and driven Workmates who love to solve sophisticated problems; and we got a whole lot of them! You will:
- Help craft and build the next generation of the platform
- Collaborate with peers on vision, technical design, task estimation and execution of back-end and front-end features
- Write and maintain quality code and reliable automated tests
- Contribute to the improvement of the team efficiency and engineering excellence
- Work in a fast paced agile environment while balancing effort across multiple priorities
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of developing with one or more of the major programming languages such as Java, C++, etc.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Knowledge of concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Willing to learn Workday proprietary technologies and frameworks
- Experience developing in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Solid understanding of Kotlin / Scala
- Experience with React or any other UI technology
- Experience with developing distributed and concurrent systems; secure, fault tolerant, resilient, consistent, scalable, and predictable and the tradeoffs therein
- Experience with NLP technologies or tooling like Watson, Dialogflow, Rasa, OpenNLP, LUIS, etc.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
Your application has been successfully submitted.