Machine Learning Engineer II, Alexa AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you excited about cutting-edge deep-learning NLP, NLU, and Conversational AI? If so, then come and join Alexa AI team. We are the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system and are responsible for the deep learning technology that is central to the automated ranking and arbitration to optimize for end-to-end customer satisfaction. We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies and machine learning systems that customers love.
Key job responsibilities
As a Machine Learning Engineer for the Alexa AI team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and other engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. Prior domain knowledge including AI, ML, and NLU is a preferred, though not required. However, strong motivation to learn ML, AI and NLU is critical for successful candidates. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns.
A day in the life
· Design, develop and maintain core system features, services and engines
· Help define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
· Work with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
· Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
About the team
We are a science and engineering team part of Alexa AI organization. Our mission is to help Alexa decide which action to take in response to customer requests, incorporating a variety of contextual signals including both direct and indirect customer feedback to provide the best response to the customer. Our work directly contributes to improvement in Alexa business and customer metrics.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
· Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies
· Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
· Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
· Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.