Product Manager - Voice
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Presto, our goal is to bring the best in consumer tech to revolutionize an antiquated restaurant industry - streamlining, optimizing, and overall improving the customer experience at restaurants around the globe. Our industry leading front-of-house restaurant solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technology at site to increase KPIs and drive growth. We’re expanding quickly and constantly adding new functionality, incorporating cutting edge technology that improves the dining and drive-thru experience.
Presto is seeking a Product Manager - Voice to join our Product team, reporting to the Director of Product Management. The ideal candidate brings experience building AI-powered automated speech recognition (ASR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), conversational AI, and machine learning products at scale, and is not afraid to dig in! We are looking for someone who can be a product leader and work with Presto’s voice/NLP team to identify, define, and deliver unique solutions applying voice processing and recognition techniques to solve a wide range of restaurant industry challenges for QSR and casual dining restaurants operators.
- Engage with stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy, and product roadmap for Presto’s voice products and execute it by constantly managing stakeholders expectations and working through dependencies
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders, and their pain points
- Effectively document and communicate new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests
- Map and understand the landscape for voice-enabled solutions and identify partner and/or acquisition opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, data analytics, and engineering to lead ideation, creation, and launch of Presto’s voice products and features
- Gain deep understanding of our customers’ business models and priorities, as well as their technical requirements in order to identify and present strategies for optimizing Presto’s products to meet market demands
- Be the subject matter expert for Presto’s conversational voice products for customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders
- Measure the success of features/capabilities after release and inform internal teams as well as external stakeholders
- Optimize performance through results, customer feedback, and data-driven iteration
- Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager on voice-to-text, NLP, voice recognition, and AI/ML products or related experience
- Knowledge of the voice-recognition/conversational AI/NLP ecosystem
- Experience building and launching voice-processing/conversational AI products
- Understands the complexities of building ML and NLP products and has experience prototyping, iterating on, evaluating, and scaling large-scale ML/NLP systems
- Can connect ML value propositions to actual user problems.
- Experience building voice products that have ML algorithms at their core
- Exposure to popular ML concepts, frameworks, and deployment patterns
- Experience leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and Engineering
- Ability to work and drive results independently, as well as collaborate with others on solutions
- Previous experience in a tech startup environment
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Founded in 2008 out of MIT and now based in Silicon Valley, Presto is dramatically transforming an age-old industry with its complete Front-of-House technology platform for restaurant operators. In addition to tabletop PrestoPrime EMV terminals, the leading guest order and payment solution, the Presto platform includes cutting-edge server handheld assistants, wearable devices for real-time alerts and Presto artificial intelligence (AI) products. Presto’s comprehensive FOH platform helps restaurants succeed by delivering critical operating insights, maximizing staff productivity and improving the guest experience. Presto is now working with 10 out of the top 20 restaurant chains in the US, including Applebee’s and Outback Steakhouse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Presto is the leader in labor productivity solutions for hospitality businesses.