Applied Science Manager, Alexa AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team of world renowned computer vision and machine learning scientists and engineers, as we continue to innovate and build new products for Alexa and Amazon! Within the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team, we take pride in solving hard problems through innovations in Deep learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Understanding, Conversational AI and Robotics. Our scientists have been working on state-of-the art AI techniques across many different domains spanning general AI, multi-modal understanding and embodied AI.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for an Applied Science Manager with domain expertise in AI, Computer Vision, NLU and Machine Learning to lead development of new algorithms and E2E solutions that impact millions of customers. You will lead a team of applied scientists and will be responsible for the research, design, development and deployment of algorithms into production pipelines. As a technology leader, you will also drive publications of original work in top-tier conferences. You will be expected to deal with ambiguity!
· Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline with a focus in Computer vision, Machine Learning, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms
· Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· PhD in computer science, Machine Learning/Computer Vision, engineering or a related technical discipline
· 2+ years of relevant work experience in managing technology teams and software development
· 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning or computer vision algorithms
· Publications in top-tier computer vision (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV) or machine learning (such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, KDD) conferences
· Experience leading a project from research to production, related to ML stack
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with senior management, colleagues, the open source community, and academia
· Experience with Cloud Computing and Services such as AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.