UX Designer, Alexa AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our team’s mission is to make Alexa the most knowledgeable and trusted source for local information, backed by advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities. We help our customers discover and get details on places, products, or services around them, with personalized location-based voice and on-screen visual experiences for at-home, automotive, and on-the-go devices. Customers entrust us with a range of local search queries: from “Alexa, find me a dinner place” when they don’t feel like cooking, or “Alexa, what’s a good hair salon?” for a personal grooming appointment, to “Alexa, where can I buy an umbrella nearby?” on a rainy day while driving to work in an Alexa-enabled car.
As a UX Designer on our team, you will shape the future of a major growth area - expanding Alexa’s Local Information capabilities to customers worldwide. We are a team of builders that works passionately to apply cutting edge technologies to solve real-world challenges that will transform the Alexa experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
The successful candidate will have a passion for designing global consumer products at scale, strong interest in the field of Artificial Intelligence, deep empathy for the needs of customers in varying cultures globally, partnering with cross-functional and multi-national teams, and above all - the entrepreneurial grit to getting things done.
As a member of a growing design team, you will also help prioritize the team’s work and magnify the impact output across organizational boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications that consider voice
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
· Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts as needed
· Apply usage data to inform UX and VUI efforts
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
· Speak authoritatively in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
· 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, multimodal designer, VUI designer, or similar role.
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, HMI, front-end Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· Professional experience designing Ambient Devices and voice interactions for them
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development processes
· User experience design experience including data-driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Professional portfolio of voice design
· Ability to design Voice UI flows.
· Experience with Agile methods.
· Familiarity with designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications.
· Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products.
· A track record of shipping product features and managing high-visibility launches
· Confidence presenting to and advising senior management.
· Ability to write compelling narratives describing design details.
· Open to staffing this role from several different locations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.