Principal Conversational AI Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Principal Conversational AI Designer, you will own and influence the design of AI solutions in the APAC market, designing the conversational experience for web/mobile-based virtual assistants (VAs). You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of domain experts, leveraging your expertise in technologies related to chatbots, virtual assistants, natural language processing (NLP), and voice services to shape, build and optimise VAs from the ground up. You will have a keen ability to capture business requirements, and convert these into meaningful conversational experiences that delight customers.
Among other activities, you will validate functionality choices, design intuitive and adaptive dialog flows, build dialogs, anticipate user responses, and define and optimize grammars. You will use proprietary platforms to build, design, and test VAs. Conversational AI Designers are expected to lead projects alongside a Project Manager and must be comfortable guiding the internal and client teams throughout engagements, while simultaneously working toward the customer's financial goals and remaining an authority on best practices in customer-centered design.
- Own and drive the overall design and development of the VA’s conversational architecture, leveraging customer data analysis, user stories, functional requirements, and knowledge of NLP and customer experience design to deliver on VA’s purpose.
- Champion best practices. When it comes to the underlying technology, understand the relationship between back-end business logic, natural language tuning tools, and its relationship to VA content. When it comes to experience, advocate for experiences that delight and deliver on innovative, customer-centric, VA experiences.
- Apply a metrics-driven approach to your solutions, showcasing an understanding of how match client expectations to success measures, with an eye on measurable ROI and a skill for translating metrics into business value.
- Drive conversational architectures that are scalable and comprehensible by non-developers, including customers, while creating opportunities for ongoing product enhancements, optimisation, and iterative growth.
- Create engaging and accessible documentation of dialog content, incorporating text, diagrams, and mockups, that present the VA experience, while also becoming a trusted advisor to others on how to interpret documentation.
Own the implementation of all dialog elements, including resolution of dialog-related bug fixes.
- Apply a performance lens to your solutions by owning custom and standard reporting and metrics to ensure tracking of elements that will improve performance and allow for evaluation of VA successes.
- Become a trusted advisor for clients on their VA journey, demonstrating use of the proprietary tool suite (including content management, grammar management, and analytics platforms) and serving as a point of contact to help resolve issues and respond to customer concerns.
- Lead VA pre-launch training for comprehension and dialog improvement, as well as liaising with clients for conversation reviews and coordination of delivery and go live reporting.
- Stay on the cutting edge of emerging technology and practices in the conversational AI space, ensuring familiarity with other products in the market, and demonstrating thought leadership on upcoming trends and customer expectations.
- BA / BS or equivalent experience in Technology, Data Science, linguistics, human factors engineering, product interface design, cognitive science, experimental psychology, technical writing, or a related field.
- Certification or expertise on at least one or more of the following platforms: Nuance Nina, Dialogflow or IBM Watson, Kore.ai, Amazon Lex & Alexa.
- Experience in Conversational Design, Voice User Interface design, and professional writing.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Miro, InVision, and workflow tools such as Visio and Lucidchart.
- Experience designing UI/UX for web and mobile.
- Creativity, strong logic skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, challenging, and consultative environment.
- Native-level English fluency.
- Strong Microsoft Windows and Office suite skills.
- Strong analytical skills: Perform detailed analysis of performance and trends to provide insights and recommendations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and confidently deliver polished presentations to customers and internal teams.
- An advanced degree in the area of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or Artificial Intelligence is preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our
Your application has been successfully submitted.