Conversation Designer, Assistant Features
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing voice and/or multi-modal applications.
- Experience in the field of Conversation Design.
- Experience with multimodal design (mobile phones, smart displays or other devices with screens, in addition to voice-only designs).
- Experience partnering deeply with other designers, product managers and engineers throughout a project lifecycle.
- Experience as a systems thinker, considering user mental models and cross-platform designs.
- Experience balancing user needs with technical constraints and business considerations.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and across teams to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired products that people love to use.
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll leverage your knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across surfaces. You will be in a unique position to create voice experiences, partnering with internal leads to create solutions for diverse contexts.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Develop sample dialogs, flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interactions and design ideas.
- Create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface (VUI) design specifications in collaboration with other User Experiencers (UXers) and Engineering.
- Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes. Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for third-party developers to assist in VUI design and prompt writing
- Develop and advocate voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand-experience for users across Google.
Your application has been successfully submitted.