Software Engineer - Marketplace Backend (Chatbot)
The Engineering and Technology team is at the core of the Shopee platform development. The team is made up of a group of passionate engineers from all over the world, striving to build the best systems with the most suitable technologies. Our engineers do not merely solve problems at hand; We build foundations for a long-lasting future. We don't limit ourselves on what we can or can't do; we take matters into our own hands even if it means drilling down to the bottom layer of the computing platform. Shopee's hyper-growing business scale has transformed most "innocent" problems into huge technical challenges, and there is no better place to experience it first-hand if you love technologies as much as we do. Browse our Engineering and Technology team openings to see how you can make an impact with us.
About the Team:
At Shopee, we develop state-of-the-art technologies to satisfy the needs of millions of customers every day. Utilising AI technologies, we are building customer service chatbots to automatically answer our customers’ questions and pain-points. Being the first contact point for customer care, chatbots have become an essential part of every customers' e-commerce experience which Shopee takes very seriously. As a backend developer, candidates would have first-hand experiences building AI-powered chatbot products, including the chatbot’s internals and operational platforms that allow AI trainers to quickly optimise their performance.
- Designing and implementing backend services in Python, Java and Go
- Writing high-quality, clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Analysing requirements, designing and developing features
- Understanding and constantly optimising our products, identifying and fixing problems, improving stability and user experience
- Designing and implementing distributed systems that are optimised for performance, scalability and availability
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Collaborating with fellow developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operation engineers to build products with cutting-edge technologies
- Bachelor's or a higher degree in Computer Sciences or related fields
- 2 years relevant experience in Web / Backend development
- Passionate about coding and programming, innovation, and solving challenging problems
- Familiar with performance tuning, massive concurrency handling, and caching mechanisms
- In-depth understanding of Data Structures, Database and other computer science fundamentals
- Familiar with Linux development environments
- Hands-on experiences and knowledge on relational databases such as MySQL (Preferred) and Redis
- Hands-on experiences and knowledge on Messaging systems like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience with high-performance distributed web applications is preferred, experience with Natural Language Processing systems is preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making online shopping accessible, easy & enjoyable for everyone. Follow @LifeAtShopee on IG.