Machine Learning Scientist, NLP
You will be the key player in a talented machine learning and NLP team to:
- Research and investigate the latest technologies in text NLU such as information extraction, classification, conversation intelligence, etc;
- Develop text NLU and ML applications for various Zoom products;
- Create and customize ML/DL models and NLP techniques for Zoom core products;
- Collaborate with various teams including offshore teams, communicating requirements, providing technical leadership, code review, production integration and deployment, and result evaluation.
- Ph.D in NLP, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related technical field;
- Expertise knowledge in NLP such as text classification, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, text summarization, ranking, text similarity, tokenization, word/sentence/doc embedding, NER, POS (Part-Of-Speech) tagging and parsing, intent detection, slot filler, dialog flow, conversational AI, KB graph, machine translation, etc;
- Knowledge in multilingual models
- Ability to understand the latest research paper in ML/DL/NLP, build models based on it, and reproduce published result;
- Hands-on experience in text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, word embedding, NER, POS (Part-Of-Speech) tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level;
- Expertise in Machine Learning (ML) / Deep Learning (DL) and NLP algorithms (CNN, LSTM, BERT, XLNet, GPT etc), techniques (transfer learning, transformers, etc). Hands-on experience on developing and training models with large-scale text data;
- Experience with open-source ML / DL / NLP toolkits such as TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, CoreNLP, OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, SpaCy, AllenNLP, NLTK, gensim, etc.
- Papers in well known NLP publications
- Experience in frontier topics such as GPT-3, Reinforcement Learning and its applications in NLP is highly desirable;
- Industry experience in machine learning applications in production is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Strong mastery of Python or other programming languages, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.);
- Mastery in English language. Deep understanding of English linguistics;
- Mastery in one or more non-English languages.
Have experience in most but not all of these areas? We’d still love to hear from you! Please apply and we’ll get back to you if there’s a fit.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the world together, one meeting at a time.