Chatbot Customer Experience Designer
Zendesk is a rapidly growing B2B company and a leader in the space of customer support software. Our internal customer support organization, Customer Advocacy, strives to set the gold standard for customer support. To that end, we have implemented a best-in-class chatbot experience and are growing our team to add a CX Designer who will strategically build and manage chatbot experiences.
This individual will report to one of the Self Service team managers that sits within Zendesk’s Customer Advocacy organization. Chatbot CX Designers will be responsible for creating and curating the best customer experiences when interacting with our chatbot.
You are a great match for the team if you enjoy helping customers easily understand complex information and have a very detailed eye. You enjoy wearing many hats and having diverse responsibilities. Most importantly, you are a passionate advocate for our customers and enjoy innovating and creating great customer experiences.
To be selected for this role, you must demonstrate a special talent for understanding what our customers need from a chatbot and working within Zendesk to locate and reconstruct siloed technical knowledge. Last but not least, you are able to translate all this knowledge into clear and easy-to-understand content and/or seamless automation.
To be successful, you will need to work closely with other members of the self service team as well as with technical experts throughout Zendesk. In addition, you will need to develop and nurture critical partnerships across other teams to ensure that we offer a complete solution for areas that challenge our customers. Finally, our chatbot is built in an environment that will require a high level of attention to detail and careful alignment to building guidelines. Calibrated collaboration is the key to success in this role!
Our goal is to provide a reliable and efficient chatbot experience, reducing the time it takes customers to find answers, automating rote tasks, and routing issues that need human intervention to the right employee as soon as possible. This unique role offers the opportunity to be a part of the team that sets the standard for best in class self-service digital experiences.
What will you do:
- Analyze customer contact reasons to identify opportunities for automation or deflection via chatbot
- Analyze trends in customer contacts to identify opportunities for process automation, improved topic detection, and routing via chatbot
- Build and manage complex chatbot flows to align with defined opportunities
- Maintain flows and automations over time, with a keen eye for continuous improvement and quality control
- Creatively integrate existing self-service resources into chatbot flows and curate learning paths that leverage a variety of media
- Identify opportunities for new integrations and help write functional requirements for implementation
- Adapt to customer and company feedback to curate chatbot experiences that delight customers
- Partner with engineering and IT teams to implement integrated tooling
- Align chatbot functions to Zendesk’s brand, tone, and product design
- Build and manage flows and automations for a global audience, including management of translations in partnership with localization teams
- Partner with other customer-facing teams to develop flows and automations beyond the customer support experience
- Manage to defined KPIs and goals
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A high level of familiarity with Zendesk products and customer base
- 2+ years experience in a customer experience, customer enablement, or customer support role, ideally in a B2B environment
- Experienced with NLP or AI implementations, product- or tool-agnostic
- Highly attentive to detail and ready to work in a sensitive technical environment, where strict building guidelines are required to ensure functionality
- Excellent written communication skills and proven ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Proven ability to thrive in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and proactive
- Methodical, analytical, and data-driven
- Experienced working with shared services teams and engineers
- Thrives in a global environment where continuous learning is a must
- Enjoys receiving feedback from customers and putting their requests into action
- Able to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Passionate about innovating the customer experience
Additionally, preference will be given to candidates who possess experience with any of the following:
- 1 or more years experience implementing or managing a chatbot tool
- 1 or more years experience creating and managing complex self-service flows
- 1 or more years experience in automation-building and process improvement
- Fluency in one of the following languages (in addition to English): French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese
- SEO best practices and implementation
- Experience with digital learning and enablement
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk.