Senior Product Manager - Conversational AI
About the job
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Digital Labs is a high impact group within American Express with a mission to build on Amex’s legacy of reinvention to lead innovation in FinTech and create products that make a difference in our customers’ lives. Our team focuses on crafting leading digital payment solutions, using our world-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to deliver outstanding digital experiences, and thinking entrepreneurially about emerging technologies to help drive new opportunities for American Express.
The Emerging Platforms team within Amex Digital Labs is hiring a Senior Manager to lead the development of the Conversational AI platform, which is central to our customer focused messaging experiences. This cutting-edge platform utilizes AI & machine learning to ensure each customer is provided the best personalized service and membership experience.
- Requires a clear vision for how AI & machine learning models can drive the overall customer experience
- Prioritize initiatives to enable differentiated customer experiences that drive business goals
- Partner across teams to build momentum and drive our vision and roadmap, across channels and markets
- Continually learn and embrace different approaches and new technologies to drive individualized, contextual experiences
- Lead the development of a complex and rapidly evolving set of functions and capabilities, meeting the needs of a large user base and multiple stakeholders
- Manage a backlog of platform needs, with the ability to sort through pressing needs and articulate priorities to partners and leadership, creating a sense of organization and focused, ordered development
- Participate in program increment planning to coordinate with other teams on the sequencing of feature development that will drive optimal efficiency towards high-level objectives
- Partner with team members and architects to identify future platform needs
- Constantly review card member chats for travel and servicing experiences, to become familiar with strengths and weaknesses of the current product, and to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We are seeking a Product Manager with a passion for customer experience, the demonstrated ability to drive digital product development (AI & ML experience preferred but not necessary), and the strategic thinking skills needed to coordinate and influence the platform roadmap across multiple teams.
Key Qualifications We Are Looking For
- A resilient, positive attitude
- A passion for emerging technology and how it can be applied to accelerate engagement
- A passion for digital customer service and membership
- A product owner experienced in handling in-sprint demands and ongoing prioritization
- Skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence, and inspire fellow team members and partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- High level of comfort working with technology teams, and a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals and development terminology
- The ability to build lasting relationships with team members, partners and colleagues at all levels
- Experience working within a structured project management framework, Agile methodologies and new product development processes
- Familiarity with JIRA, including expertise in creating and ensuring delivery of features and user stories with well defined acceptance criteria and product focused test scenarios
- Preferred, but not required, is a working knowledge of the Conversational AI & Messaging space, including natural language processing techniques, content and dialog management, and message orchestration & routing
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.