Senior Sales Engineer
The Senior Sales Engineer is a key contributor to Nuance’s revenue growth, tasked with accelerating the adoption of Nuance’s Conversational AI solutions in major customers in FTSE 100 and government accounts in the UK.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Engineering, responsibilities include uncovering customers’ business needs, developing solution offerings to deliver business value, and becoming an expert in Nuance's innovative technology.
The Sales Engineer uses their consulting and influencing skills to develop and advocate a solution to deliver positive business outcomes for the customer, and drive new business opportunities for Nuance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Nuance's Conversational AI technologies and become an advocate for how they contribute to customers’ success.
- Partner with the sales team to develop trusted relationships with key customer accounts in FTSE100 companies and help to continue Nuance’s growth as a major player in the UK & Ireland market.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers from an organizational, financial and product standpoint.
- Consult with customers to uncover business and technical needs and develop solution architectures to deliver their desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal teams on commercial and technical proposals, and to develop innovative approaches for bespoke customer requirements.
- Provide valuable insight into product and research direction by establishing technical requirements, sharing market sentiment, and providing feedback on product roadmaps.
- Provide expert product and technical input to responses to customer requests.
- Maintain a focussed approach to sales and provide valuable input to constantly improve sales performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Travel Requirements: up to 60% in UK and occasionally to US/rest of Europe
- Previous experience working in a consultative presales role or similar in a software solutions provide or systems integrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong demo and presentation skills.
- Ability to work remotely and independently, as well as collaborate within a multi-functional team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking and focus on the big picture.
- Excellent coordination, negotiating, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and react appropriately in a fast moving, dynamic work environment.
- Understanding of Conversational AI, Speech Recognition and Biometrics technologies, including natural language systems (ASR, NLU, Dialog management).
- Knowledge of digital interaction technologies such as live chat, messaging and virtual agents/chatbots.
- Experience with contact centre technologies (IVR, telephony, analytics).
- Understanding of VOIP and network telephony connectivity.
- Awareness of AI and machine learning concepts.
- Understanding of one or more web development technologies, protocols and APIs (e.g. Java, Python, gRPC, web services, REST, WebSockets, XML, JSON).
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and platforms.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our
Your application has been successfully submitted.