Sr. Technical Program Manager, Natural Language Understanding
As a Sr. TPM you will be working closely with Science and Engineering teams in the Natural Understanding organization in Alexa AI, focusing on executing goals towards key deliverables. A penchant towards conversational AI, technical chops and a detail driven focus will help one succeed in this role. We are looking for a program execution focused Technical Program Manager to help build, launch, and scale entirely new Alexa capabilities. As a member of the team that directly drives many aspects and science and engineering behind Alexa AI, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of the service.
Key job responsibilities
Help define the mission, vision, and tenets of the team.
Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative Alexa capabilities.
Influence roadmap priorities, features, and engineering process working across multiple Alexa teams.
Create launch plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
Lead weekly launch readiness meetings with stakeholder teams.
Relentlessly simplify and demonstrate significant innovation, creativity, and good judgment when solving challenging problems.
Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
Write effective narratives and present them concisely and effectively to Directors and VPs.
Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from of the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA).
A day in the life
The role's primary focus is to execute on the delivery of cutting edge Natural Language Understanding technologies, from ideation to production while partnering with multiple stakeholders for science, data collection, engineering, product management and partnering teams. You will own multiple highly visible launches for the organization and represent the team in in meetings with senior leadership. You will have a multiplying effect on the organization delivering key goals through attention to detail in driving processes while constantly inventing and simplifying on processes and roadblocks.
About the team
We are the science and engineering team innovating and building cutting edge products in the Conversational AI space of Alexa.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
Experience with Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies.
· Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Fast learner on new technologies, especially machine learning approaches.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.