Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI-Natural Understanding
If your idea of fun is taking on the challenge of building the next generation of AI-driven capabilities that break new ground for conversational AI, we should talk! Our mission is to push the envelope in conversational AI to provide the best possible customer experience to Alexa Customers. Our team is a core team in Alexa and we are responsible for ER (Entity Resolution). ER is a space for search and ranking challenges. We strive for building solutions that uses context in the interactions to optimize for accurate ER experience. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for curious software developers who are interested in building features to make a difference in millions of users' daily lives. Our team partners with scientists and platform engineers to help bring those Conversational AI state of the art capabilities to Alexa.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused individuals with good instincts for developing software services with forward looking APIs. These skills help us define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems using C++/Java in a Linux/Unix environment. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon’s flagship services.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in building scalable software with distributed systems, with a service based approach.
· Experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
· Experience in developing cloud software services and have strong understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Knowledge in Natural Language Understanding and prior work experience with Machine Learning is a plus
· Experience with Alexa Skills development
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast pace environment
· Experience in Search and Ranking challenges
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.