Brain is an early-stage startup with an ambitious vision: reinvent human-computer interaction through connecting people more naturally with services and products. We have an incredible team, with investment led by Laurene Powell Jobs and Goodwater Capital. We’re co-creating magic and preparing to launch our private beta — come join the fun!
In this role, you’ll be sitting at the intersection of UX, NLP and engineering, designing improvements to our natural language engine, the core technology behind the intelligence of our product, Natural. You’ll get to solve difficult problems like semantic understanding, entity recognition, dialogue state tracking, knowledge base induction, personalization and active learning. On this path to product launch, you’ll have a hand in shaping a highly personal and intent-driven user experience — bringing the Brain.ai product vision to life.
SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learning from user interactions with our NLP system to identify failure modes and ship robust solutions to production
- Collaborating with and assisting other engineers and designers to develop new computational-linguistics or deep-learning based solutions for natural language understanding and reasoning
- Improving Brain’s understanding of the real-world from a NLP perspective – of restaurants, brands, products, contextual information and more
We’re excited about you because you Have:
- 2+ years of experience in prototyping, evaluating, and deploying production machine learning and NLP systems
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging Python systems and designing RESTful APIs
- Background and experience with both classical (e.g tokenizing, chunking grammars, dependency trees) and model-based NLP techniques (e.g. RNNs, CRFs, Language Modeling, Transfer Learning, Knowledge Distillation)
NICE TO HAVES:
- MS/PhD with a focus in NLP
- Experience of going through full product life cycles, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization of new machine learning or infrastructure-related features
- Experience in acquiring new data, building or working with knowledge bases or ontologies in relation to ML systems
- Exposure to developing voice/chat assistants, dialogue systems or similar conversational AI products
- Previous experience in a startup environment and an appetite for rapid prototyping and building consumer products
We know you work hard! Below are some benefits of working at Brain:
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits package
- Flexible Schedule with paid holidays+vacation days
- Catered lunch every Monday and a fully stocked kitchen
Your application has been successfully submitted.