Digital Assistance ( Chatbots/Alexa) Engineering Lead
Job Category Products and Technology
Specialty/Competency Advisory – Other
Industry/Sector Not Applicable
Job Type Regular
Time Type Full time
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Job ID 250958WD
Location(s) TX-Dallas | CT-Stamford | IN-Indianapolis | FL-Tampa | GA-Atlanta | FL-Jacksonville | IL-Chicago | TX-Austin | DC-Washington | US-Remote | CA-Los Angeles | MN-Minneapolis | MI-Detroit | CA-Sacramento | MA-Boston | NY-New York | NJ-Florham Park | TX-San Antonio | CA-San Diego | FL-Orlando | CA-San Francisco | CA-San Jose | PA-Philadelphia | FL-Hallandale Beach | WA-Seattle | PA-Pittsburgh | TX-Houston
A career in Products and Technology would provide you the opportunity to be part of an organization that is building a leading tech experience that solves big challenges for our firm and our clients. Our products and tech-driven solutions are how we move faster, cut through complexity and fuel growth. We start with the problem and solve it with experience and tech know-how. Our skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists are passionate about using technology to accelerate change.
Our external facing team is responsible for the design and development of our technology products and accelerators. They are involved in all aspects of the product build and streamline processes to improve products leveraging state-of-the art technology for our clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Advisory – Other
Global Competency Network:
Advisory – Other
Contract Type – Not Applicable
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Internet Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in modern software engineering approaches, technologies, and tools, including the following areas:
- Utilizing Mobile/Web architecture tech stacks;
- Utilizing languages runtimes NodeJS, Python;
- Utilizing Web Frameworks/Libraries such as Angular, React, D3;
- Utilizing GraphQL schema definition and service implementation;
- Utilizing event-driven and microservices architectures;
- Utilizing Messaging patterns and queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis);
- Utilizing Polyglot Persistence including RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo, Neo4j, Cassandra) data stores and appropriate use cases;
- Developing Digital Assistance program using Chatbots/Alexa
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve product engineering objectives;
- Leading across all aspects of a technology solution such as integration, data, services, front-end, back-end, network, deployment, scaling, security, performance and development;
- Managing rapid-prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies leveraging agile development techniques;
- Designing successful technical/integration architectures for large-scale platforms with a mix of 3rd party vendor, open-source, custom software, including the documentation of technical assumptions and decisions;
- Contributing to and managing incubators/innovation lab environments, and working with small teams across a variety of new and emerging technologies;
- Working in an environment that leverages project management skills like planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization, and activity prioritization;
- Demonstrating experience working in a venture backed software startup developing greenfield products.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.