Conversation Designer, Assistant
Come be a part of a team of designers, engineers and artists passionate about creating compelling products for Facebook's billions of users. As a Conversation Designer for the Assistant Design Team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from brainstorming to tweaking pixels and content right before launch.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of conversation design, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Assistant product. You will build upon your existing skill set and passion for conversational problem solving, and help define the multimodal conversational experiences for our Facebook family of apps, as well as our emerging AR and VR products.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Conversation Designer to conceptualize, illustrate, build and deliver innovative conversational and natural language interaction paradigms. You will be expected to drive these conversational experiences from concepts and storyboards to product launch with attention to detail through elegant probabilistic designs that allow humans to interact more naturally with our devices. A positive and collaborative attitude is required, and we’re looking for a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication skills.Conversation Designer, Assistant Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality end-to-end designs for speech and conversational user interfaces and content
- Create natural dialog flows, wireframes and templates that clearly convey a conversation architecture to our engineering teams
- Work closely with linguists to create scalable ontologies and guidelines that inform our natural language systems
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Document standards, frameworks, processes and methodology
- Clearly articulate your vision, strategy and design to cross-functional teams and executive stakeholders
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, art team, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Create and prototype pre-visualizations to help communicate UI/UX ideas
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Be an advocate for the conversation design community within FRL, and across all of Facebook
- 2+ years experience shipping conversational experiences or AI products
- Portfolio featuring examples of conversational experiences
- Experience crafting demos that showcase the potential of conversational experiences
- Proven experience to contribute to design for products in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of how qualitative and quantitative research can improve your designs
- Product thinking and design experience in conversational and AI design spaces
- Experience shipping at least 1 conversational or AI product
- Knowledge and experience with natural language understanding and generation systems
- Experience designing for Assistant, AI, machine learning, or AR/VR products
- Experience creating multiple demos or prototypes showcasing the bleeding edge capabilities of conversational design
- Experience iterating every phase of design, from paper to pixels
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.