Director, Mobile Messaging
Job ID: 196444
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Remote Eligible: No
Sephora has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997, then launched stateside in 1998 and is currently home to 300+ world-class brands - including its private label, Sephora Collection. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products, including makeup, skincare, perfume, hair care, body care, professional tools, and more.
In Sephora Americas, we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. With leaders who listen and inspire, everyone is encouraged to be their best. Reimagine your future, with Sephora.
Position: Director, Mobile Messaging
Your role at Sephora:
In this role you will lead mobile messaging channels and mobile growth strategy. Channels include mobile messaging on Sephora properties, including app push, web push, and SMS and off-Sephora properties in ideating the next phase of mobile messaging in conversational commerce channels to ensure a seamless client experience and to meet primary KPIs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Retention Marketing, you will work closely with internal and external partners delivering results that are highly visible and critical to revenue & traffic for Sephora. You’ll be part of a high-performing Digital Marketing center of excellence, partnering with your teammates that own email programs, site marketing efforts, and other digital marketing channels.
In addition, you will:
- Develop the strategy & vision for mobile growth, prioritizing initiatives for team across all channels: mobile messaging, conversational commerce, and app downloads.
- Drive mobile messaging performance including lead forecasting and planning of Mobile Messaging business to ensure comps and contribution to DotCom sales goals are met
- Lead and develop team of ~4 employees with a focus on coaching, developing & retaining high performing talent
- Lead Mobile Messaging Team to:
- Ensure overall calendar planning hits both Sephora revenue goals while also balancing a holistic view of client touchpoints
- Ensure Product | Tech requests are properly prioritized
- Ensure client journey work strategies are actionable
- Ensure testing opportunities are prioritized and executed
- Interpret campaign, channel, and client data to inform planning and personalization strategies
- Build strong cross functional relationships with key business partners including Tech, Merchants, Promo, Loyalty, CRM, Analytics, Client Experience and other digital marketing channels to socialize channel strategy, priorities, and goals to ensure cross-functional alignment and effective performance management
- Execute on strategic plan to pilot new channels and scale successful channels, partnering with Product Management, IT, and vendors. Channels may include Google Home/Assistant, Facebook Messenger, Apple Business Chat, WeChat
- Work with cross-functional teams to grow app downloads, push opt-ins, and location opt-ins
- Keep a strong pulse on mobile messaging & industry trends and innovation through competitive marketplace analysis
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant digital marketing experience, including experience in mobile marketing
- Experience managing channel revenue to meet annual goals and forecasting
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for using data to drive decisions and ensure the best possible experience to Sephora clients
- Familiarity with KPIs and analytical experience to identify key insights (wins, opportunities)
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, plus ability to prioritize most important initiatives for the team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels
- Regularly evaluates process and identifies areas for improvements
- Experience coaching & managing multiple direct reports, partnering on development plans
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to executive level partners
- High proficiency of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Smartsheets, Adobe Analytics #LI-SCR
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy...
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine your future, with Sephora