Manager, A.I. Chatbot
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
With 500+ employees spread around 3 continents and a Glassdoor rating of 4.5 (Oh yes, check it out here!), we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together with regular happy hours, team offsites and amazing holiday parties (think renting out an island, taking over an arcade and cruising around the Bay on a chartered yacht). Perks include team lunches, delivered-to-your-home monthly snack boxes, corporate philanthropy and matching gifts, monthly tech allowance, medical/dental/vision, 401K with matching, access to JustAnswer's 12,000+ verified Experts, and more. Best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
The JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
- Data driven: Data decides, not egos
- Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
- Innovative: We 're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
- Lean: We embrace lean testing and the learning we gain
- Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
About The Role
We are looking for a seasoned marketing manager with experience leading and growing teams. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience managing individual contributors, ideally in the chatbot space, but also software developers or writers. Previous chatbot experience is plus (DialogFlow, IBM Watson, Lex, etc.), as is hands-on experience working on NLP/NLU projects. Candidates may have experience managing contributors without a technical focus, but should understand the fundamentals of software development and feel comfortable coding. The chatbot manager ultimately will be responsible for helping to set and maintain bot development across initiatives and ensure success of individual chatbot designers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of bot developers, with a special focus on bot throughput, accuracy, and persuasiveness
- Craft bot-building strategies and become an evangelist for internal bot-building tools
- Help test multiple customer-facing bots across diverse user contexts
- Take data-driven approaches to bot development based on millions of unique monthly chatbot conversations spanning 10+ verticals
- Work together with funnel, customer service, UX, and DevOps teams to maximize conversions while ensuring brand continuity
- Have experience creating bots, managing teams of writers or developers, or spearheading projects with a collaborative scope
- Are passionate about all aspects of conversation design: research, development, scripting, and testing
- Have a trusted track record of team-building and scaling operations, especially people management
- Are a copy wizard with a knack for understanding customers and how to communicate to them in various e-commerce settings
- Are a team player who is happy to pitch in wherever there are revenue opportunities
- Love creating conditions for your direct reports to succeed
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Promote co-creation and encourages others to participate; works smoothly across all levels and departments
- Manages time and meetings effectively, properly leveraging managers' time
- Excellent interpersonal and service-oriented skills
- Proactively shares appropriate level of information across teams
- Actively listens to others and ensures they are understood
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Self-starter who is action-oriented and leads by example
- High-level of accountability and acts an owner, develops effective short and long-term plans and goals
- Provides timely, effective and meaningful feedback that motivates others to improve performance.
- Builds and/or supports a high performing team; recognizes and rewards achievement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people