Conversational AI & Chatbot Engineer (VP) - CWMD, Consumer Engineering, Agent
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MARCUS: AGENT ENGINEERING
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a consumer fintech division of the company.
We help millions of consumers with a multitude of financial products, like lending, deposits, financial tools, and cards.
Our partnership with Apple on Apple Card resulted in one of the industry's largest and most successful credit card launches.
We use modern architecture principles, collaborative development processes, and a continuous delivery approach.
The key tenets we apply when designing systems for our customers are value, transparency, and simplicity.
To achieve those we rely heavily on decisions driven by data and automated with help of predictive analytics and machine learning.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this role, you will create a human-like chat bot experience in a vendor Conversational AI platform that can effectively engage and assist customers from multi-channel while increasing our call center containment rate.
The characters we appreciate are those of inspiring leaders and professionals with a deep appreciation for their craft.
We need system designers ready to own the product life cycle from inception to running in production.
Great collaborators and team players will thrive and grow in this environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will develop customer servicing products with a direct impact on millions of consumers
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from the global SRE guild are responsible for the operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
- Every person is a first-class member of the team irrespective of location. The same caliber of work is given to engineers located in the US, Europe, and Asia
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with design and implementation of Conversational AI & Chatbot using NLP/NLU
- Experience in human factors engineering, product interface design, linguistics, cognitive science, experimental psychology
- Experience with microservices architecture and API development.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Culture of excellence and collaboration
- Practiced lean methodologies, like Scrum, Kanban, or XP
- Ability to proactively establish trust with stakeholders up to the executive level
- Exposure to tech leadership/architecture responsibilities
- Experience in creating User Interface / User Experience design for IVR, Web/Mobile, or Chat application.
- Experience in programming with Java & J2EE, Python, PHP, etc.
- Understand application security, experience with JWT and Oauth Framework.
- Experience in designing distributed systems
- Understanding of principles of Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and SRE
- Cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
- Practical Test-Driven Development
- High-scale performance optimizations
- Fintech experience will be a great asset
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Your application has been successfully submitted.