Language Annotator - Conversational AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Salary description:Competitive Salary plus generous benefits
- Business Area:Data Matching
At Totaljobs Group, we help everyone get the job that best fits their life. Whether it is the next step in their career, or a job to pay the bills - we exist to match lifestyles with livelihoods.
We play our part by giving people everything they need to find the right job for them in that moment; making jobs work for more people, whatever they do, and however they choose to do it.
Who are you?
You are someone who is passionate about language and bringing to life our virtual AI assistant, Mya. You will provide descriptive and analytic language annotations, which may include different transcriptions, including part-of-speech and sense tagging, intent labeling, syntactic analysis, "named entity" identification, coreference resolution and more.
You'll work closely with our AI and data engineers, with an eye toward speed, efficiency and accuracy.
What will this role look like on a day-to-day basis?
- Named Entity labeling: read user messages and select any and all spans that represent job titles, company names, skills, locations, salary information and other relevant recruiting related entities. Individual examples may involve some research or disambiguation (e.g. is an obscure place name a town or region?)
- Intent labeling: read user messages and select the category that best represents the user's intent (e.g. Which category is the statement "That works for me!": "yes", "no" or "maybe". There may be dozens of intents to choose from and sometimes require careful reading of documentation and/or discussion with AI Engineers or other members of the Language Annotation team to make a decision.
- You will also maintain the Intent ontology and related documentation. The relationship between intents (e.g. parent/child, mutual exclusion, entailment, etc)
- Conversation Review: review entire conversations, tag issues for further analysis, mark correctness of responses and write up summaries, analysis and recommendations of findings
- Language Generation: create training data for Machine Learning models by writing novel and unique conversational responses for a given prompt. (e.g. prompt: "When can you start your next job?" response: "As soon as possible!", "Not for several weeks as I have a vacation planned..")
- Response Scoring: For a given user input, score bot responses by specificity and appropriateness (e.g. user: "I live in London", bot: "Ok, I noted that you are looking for work in the London area.", appropriateness: "Good", specificity: "Excellent").
- You will also participate in Annotation review meetings once per week, in which results, findings and new tasks are discussed
Some skills you might have:
We know looking for a new job can be scary, and sometimes the list of skills you are asked for can seem exhaustive. Below are a few of the skills we look for, but please do not be put off applying if you do not have every single one of them!
- Fluency in British English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter, who is creative and detailed oriented
- Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
- Educational background in Linguistics or related fields (Philosophy, Anthropology, etc)
- Interest and expertise in artificial intelligence
- Collaborator with cross functional teams (Engineering, Product Management)
Benefits and Rewards - How we recognise our employees hard work and talent:
- Holiday - We feel work-life balance is important, so we offer every single one of our employees 29 days holiday a year, plus public holidays. Everyone also has the option to buy or sell up to three days each year in our Holiday Flex scheme.
- Family Leave - At TJG we understand that laying the foundations for a smooth start to family leave will also make for an easier transition back to the workplace and subject to qualifying criteria, the benefits under the Company Family schemes are more generous than required under current legislation.
- Pension Scheme - To help our people plan for their future we offer a competitive pension scheme.
- Eye Tests - Every employee receives a voucher which entitles them for a free eye test every year.
- Long Service - To recognise long- service and commitment to Totaljobs Group we celebrate our employees' loyalty by giving them additional time off and/ or vouchers after certain milestones.
- Medical Insurance - All employees are eligible to apply for private medical insurance cover which also includes a digital GP service.
- Charity- Each Totaljobs Group employee receives x2 additional days off every year to volunteer to charitable causes. We also give our employees the chance to 'give as they earn' meaning they can donate tax-free to a registered charity, and Totaljobs Group will match their contribution up to a value of £10 per month.
For more information about Totaljobs Group benefits please look at the Totaljobs Group career site.
Totaljobs Group are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to one of the team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people find a job they love.