Conversational Designer, Natural Language AI Services
Are you a natural language interaction designer? Are you passionate about conversational technologies like Alexa voice skills and Lex chatbots? Do you enjoy working directly with customers face to face? If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked by Alexa Everywhere, we have the right role for you.
We are seeking an experienced Conversation Designer to join the Professional Services team and focus on designing and evaluating solutions for voice, chat, AI/ML, and IoT technologies. The ideal candidate combines conversation design experience with an inventor’s spirit and a passion for teaching. You will design leading-edge conversational experiences for AWS customers, and also develop, articulate, and promote best practices in the field of conversational design.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design innovative, user-focused conversational interfaces for Alexa voice interactions and Lex chatbots, including multi-modal user experiences
· Analyze transcripts of user interactions and document their personas and language in order to create grammars and interaction models (intents, utterances, slots, and slot values)
· Create and refine thorough, accurate flow diagrams and other related documentation to communicate the behavior of a complete conversational system
· Understand how data from API calls, databases, and other AWS technologies fit into design, and collaborate with developers on implementing solutions
· Work directly with developers, integrators, architects, and QA to build and iterate on your designs
· Write dialog and other related copy for conversational experiences that aligns with best practices and brand guidelines
· Drive solutions from design workshop to production, from conception to prototype to production-level experience
· Plan and lead workshops, design reviews, showcases, and other types of meetings to align and communicate information
· Contribute to requirements gathering, user stories, estimates, and roadmapping
· Design end-to-end conversational interactions, including what can go wrong, and how
· When needed, design and lead different types of testing (A/B, focus groups, usability testing, QA), synthesize results, and iterate based on results to ensure customer-centric and highly usable products
· Educate colleagues and stakeholders (developers, salespeople, and other collaborators) so that the entire team understands key tenets of conversation design
· In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of voice enabled systems.
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Alexa.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS community.
· Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, whitepapers.
· Act as a design liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer-facing role. When appropriate and safe, you will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional or military experience
· At least 5 years’ experience in conversation design
· Experience developing interaction models using tools such as the Alexa Skills Kit, Amazon Lex, or other similar conversational AI platforms
· Experience communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences
· Degree in cognitive science, linguistics, or related discipline
· Design for multimodal (voice + visual) user experiences via wireframing and including visual elements
· Knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and process to ensure quality of Alexa Skills and Lex bots
· Familiarity with AWS Services
· Experience with working directly with client stakeholders of all levels
· Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
· Experience delivering product strategy and consulting services
· Experience managing relationships with customer executives and key business stakeholders
· Experience using Agile development practices
· Customer-facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at 122,300 yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Official Global LinkedIn page for Amazon Web Services.