Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality is an important part of our development practices and we are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to help us continuously improve our approaches.
Everyone who works on our software is responsible for ensuring quality. The role of a Quality Assurance Engineer is to make sure the tools and processes are in place to help everyone succeed in that.
At Rasa, as our products grow in complexity and features, our QA Engineers are instrumental in helping Engineers scale, by providing state of the art automated testing. As a member of the QA squad, you will be key contributor to improving coding standards and automation test suite.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You are driven by an urge to make sure software runs properly. You want to help engineers spend their time moving a project forward instead of fixing issues in past releases
- You know how to write backend integration tests in Python, using pytest or equivalent, at scale.
- You know how to write frontend integration tests in Python, using Selenium and pytest or equivalent.
- You want to drive quality improvements in an agile environment and collaborate with developers on how to develop robust software.
- You have demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment.
- You thrive in an inclusive and supportive environment, working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- You value autonomy and transparency.
- Experience with Python, especially in the area of automation at scale, API usage, performance testing, and frontend UI testing (Bonus : Bash, JS, React)
- Ability to tackle backend testing challenges (Bonus: Frontend experience!)
- Experience in testing applications on different levels of the testing pyramid
- Experience in test automation using Docker / K8s / at least 1 CI tool
Navigate our tech stack: Python3, TypeScript, React, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, GCP among other technologies and frameworks.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Working hands-on, together with the other engineers within the team - to ensure continuous quality delivery of automated acceptance, API and performance tests
- Design and implement end-to-end tests
- Providing direction for QA relevant topics within the team
- Review requirement specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to product managers, designers, and developers
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design and develop automation scripts
- Support engineering team doing product releases and working on the automation needed to delegate the process
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
As a remote first company, we believe that the internet is where the work happens, an office is just somewhere you can connect to the internet. We believe that everyone can make a difference at Rasa no matter where they are based. If you would like to work in an office then we have R&D offices in Berlin, Germany, and in Edinburgh, UK. But our focus is to continue to build our team remotely across the UK and Germany.
- 1000 Euros personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year (for full-time positions)
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Rasa is building the standard infrastructure layer for conversational AI