Conversation Experience Designer Intern (Summer 2022)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Primarily you will be responsible for designing and creating both voice and text driven conversational user interfaces.
Join a diverse, open-minded and dynamic team bringing voice and digital channels to life with automated and human messaging solutions including conversational voice systems, chatbots and live chat. You will support innovative, international organisations with crafting conversational interactions and building and optimising their linguistic models using Nuance’s artificial intelligence, machine learning and human-assisted technologies.
We are looking for a thoughtful, astute and curious people-person with a passion for technology and creating a superior user experience. This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation at the forefront of digital transformation.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Assist in creating effective voice and text driven user interface designs, from sketching high-level conversational flows right through to agreeing precise wording choices.
- Assist in implementing these designs, interacting with developers, testers and directing voice talents.
- Contribute to the improvement of Nuance’s evolving body of global best practices and products by sharing experiences and ideas with the wider Nuance community.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: In progress Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, NLP Technologies or a related field.
- Exceptional native level written and spoken UK English. Your spelling is excellent as are your grammatical skills.
- Creativity and strong logic skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging, and consultative environment
- A professional approach and excellent presentation skills.
- An eye and ear for detail.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a large and sometimes very international distributed team.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Visio, Word and Excel.
- Native/near-native skills in another language
- Experience with/exposure to speech or text driven user interfaces
- Experience with/exposure to speech/NLP technologies
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl or Python
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our
Your application has been successfully submitted.