Voice UX Designer
RAIN is a leader in Voice and Conversational AI. We are expanding our UX department and are looking for the right individual to round out the team.
As a UX Designer at RAIN you will be researching, planning, and creating digital design and voice experiences for various industries across various voice platforms (i.e., Alexa, Google Assistant, etc.) as well as mobile and web-based endpoints. You will play a critical role on multiple accounts working with both clients and internal teams and contributing in pitches.
Voice is still relatively new, so we’re not necessarily expecting you to have prior experience with conversational AI (if you do have some, that is a huge plus!). However, you must have a passion for emerging technology, including knowledge of the latest developments and consumer experiences (voice and/or conversational AI a plus). This role is for someone who is extremely interested in learning and leading voice experience design. You will need to quickly become familiar with the main artifacts of our process, ultimately gaining a conceptual intuition for a good conversational user experience.
We're looking for someone empathetic and human-centric. Someone who is excited to not only discover and point to opportunities but who also can transition to design and be an advocate internally and externally during the building of those experiences alongside our best-in-class user experience, creative, engineering, and leadership teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead design from concept to final execution, balancing business initiatives, technological capabilities, and user needs.
- Facilitate discovery processes, including research, information gathering and analysis, and sharing findings (e.g., surveys, focus groups, usability studies, contextual inquiry, stakeholder interviews, etc.).
- Translate knowledge of user behavior into structured conversational design patterns.
- Create documents that demonstrate the user experience. Including scripts, wireframes, journey maps, functional specs, user flows, personas, use scenarios, decks, and other tangible documentation required throughout a project for voice-driven multimodal products, i.e., websites, mobile apps, screened devices, wearables, and voice.
- Develop prototypes that explore your designs and allow for feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Participate and lead ideation sessions with internal teams and clients.
- Leverage data to rationalize design decisions.
- Collaborate with creative and strategy teams on the creation of voice strategy and applications.
- Develop presentations that articulate proposed designs and their value.
- Tirelessly advocate for the user and their needs.
- Represent RAIN externally through various leadership opportunities, conferences, industry events, and speaking and writing engagements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in UX, graphic design, or HCI highly preferred)
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in UX design or interaction design (digital agency, design firm or other professional services exp. highly preferred)
- Voice UX design experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience developing concepts and UX designs for a variety of audiences, brands and industries.
- Experience with user-centered design principles, processes, and techniques.
- Experience with design tools (i.e., Figma, Sketch, OmniGraffle, LucidChart, etc.) and communication tools (i.e., PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Desire to keep current on digital and emerging technologies; constantly striving to learn more and share with others.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts to internal teams and clients.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-moving, and continually evolving high-growth environment. You like building the plane while flying it!
- Your interpersonal skills are off the chart! You’re able to communicate well with internal stakeholders, set appropriate expectations, and build relationships of trust with diverse teams even in remote settings.
Examples of work are required.
Our office is located in NYC with remote team members across the country. Currently, we all are working remotely and will be flexible for the future.
*Salary will be evaluated commensurate with experience and location.*
Who We Are:
RAIN is a leader in Voice and Conversational AI. We help businesses navigate voice technology. We combine strategy, technology, and creativity to drive growth for our clients. We’re guided by the belief that technology is, by definition, an extension of humanity, and that great ideas come from a desire to enhance the lives of real people.
At RAIN, we want to work with people of different backgrounds and walks of life. We want individuals who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our culture and company. We believe that transparency builds trust, so we default to disclosure in our communications. We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
Restless & Ready. These are the two attributes that mark the talent thriving at RAIN. We look for people who don’t fit the traditional mold, with skill sets you don’t often see in traditional consulting. Said differently, we’re always keen to add more unicorns to the stable. We look for people motivated by big ideas and determined enough to make it a reality.
What We Offer:
We genuinely care about our employees’ happiness and engagement.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off that increases with tenure and seniority.
- Mental Health/Wellness perks. Including 2 RAIN Check Days – for those days when you just need to take a rain check from work, we get it.
- Volunteer Days.
- 401k plan with employer contribution.
- Short/Long Term Disability.
- Fully stocked kitchen (when in the office).
- Commuter subsidy (when in the office).
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day.
- Work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
* Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. *
RAIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at RAIN are based on strategic business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
RAIN is a pioneer in voice and conversational AI.