Speech and Language Processing Engineer – User Experience Technology Group
About Speech and Acoustics Advanced Technologies Team
General Motors Israel (Herzelia) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
The Speech and Acoustics Advanced Technologies team is developing natural language, voice and acoustic technologies for future vehicles. We are looking to hire a speech and language processing engineer to develop our future virtual assistants for vehicle domain.
You will work as a team member of the Conversational User Experience Group, taking part in development of an advanced virtual assistant, from conceptualization to software that will be deployed to production for millions of GM vehicles.
- Development of data driven algorithms for spoken dialog systems
- Development of speech recognition-based systems and proof of concept
- Development of tools for data collection and analysis of spoken or textual data
- Software development in Java, C# and Python
- Travel as required
Additional Job Description
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related technical field
- Over 5 years of experience in development of data driven algorithms for speech and language processing
- Over 2 years of experience in product development, analysis and problem solving
- Technical experience in one or more of the domains below
- Speech recognition technologies
- Data driven natural language understanding
- Machine learning platforms such as TensorFlow or Cognitive Toolkit
- Deep Learning
- Experience in rapid prototype development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical ability where problems are unusual, complex or ambiguous
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and collaboratively with others
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a journey to create a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion. See how we’ll get there.