Senior Member Technical Staff
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What you’ll be doing...
The Digital Assistant is the face of the Customer Service experience and the future of Verizon self-service interaction. As a leader of the Digital Assistant Experience team, you will be overseeing designing, expanding and communicating the bot’s persona. In order to create the best experience for all stakeholders, your expertise in the areas of user interface design, mapping the customer journey, knowledge of the business and customer experience will be essential to optimize this important technology. Your ability to communicate across all channels is an integral step towards the collaboration necessary in managing these projects. Our customers rely on us for the best network and customer experience. This position is responsible for helping to grow and optimize our multi-modal AI Automation experiences through our Digital Assistant Chatbot / Voice Bot. As part of the National Customer Service Consumer Group, you will work on identifying direction, planning, and execution of digitally connected experiences powered by AI/ML driven insights and leading technologies. The work you’ll do every day will help us create simple, customer-centric, digitally oriented customer and employee experiences for our Home and Mobile customers. In addition you will work with the workflow-tracking, distribution, and daily operations of a Chatbot QA and testing team, working closely with the QA Team PMO, delegating “Chatbot Conversational-Intent” projects and distributing workflow through the One-Jira Production ticketing system. Working with UI and UX design teams as well as an AI development team, you will create guidelines for end-to-end testing ensuring the prototyped experiences adhere to the designed conversation footprints (MIRO Boards) and wireframes providing a best in class “Customer Service Experience” through Chatbot interactions.
We’re looking for a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Manager who can assist in executing the strategy providing an excellent customer experience in a digital-first environment across the Verizon Chatbot organization. The UAT Manager is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end design efforts of Chatbot experience intents (digital conversations) delegated through the One-Jira Production system and volume forecasting. Working with UI and UX design teams as well as an AI development team, you will be responsible for mapping the testing and ideal end-to-end customer journey to evolving product features before and after launch while demonstrating strategy, documenting, resource planning and defining scope on data integration in various stages of completion. You will work with our partners within the Omni-channel Customer Experience and Digital Operations organization, Customer Service Operations, and Global Technology Solutions teams to validate and test conversational Bot flows and automation solutions while representing Customer Service requirements you will be engaged in all phases of the “Chatbot Customer Experience” development lifecycle with key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Demonstrate hands-on Chatbot Experience QA process in both manual and automated testing while driving the vision, strategy, and planning for manual and automated testing.
- Demonstrate close collaboration and partnership with internal PMO and partner teams.
- Develop and oversee Test Case design, structure, and management.
- Foster an approach to continuous improvement in all of our UAT activities.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing wireframes, production documentation, flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and models.
- Review existing visualizations to assess existing opportunities for improvement within the business and to drive a best-in-class user interface solution.
- Oversee of conversation flow design within style guidelines to promote consistency across channels and the Digital Assistant.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design and execute project deliverables within dedicated timelines, overcoming challenges and demonstrating effective problem-solving skills.
- Actively participate and contribute to group dialog and activities, applying active listening and productive conversational builds to include IT, Business, and Research leads.
- Articulate user, business, and/or technical reasoning for detailed design decisions in critiques or presentations with the ability to incorporate feedback.
- Communicate the current project plan, goals, and expected outcomes.
- Work closely with onshore and offshore colleagues in QA, development, and product release.
What we’re looking for...
You love to dig into data to find the story and can effectively speak with customers to uncover their business needs. You understand how to integrate data from multiple sources and communicate product-level insights into compelling stories to different stakeholders at all levels.. You can align various work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved among cross-functional team efforts.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- One or more years of program management experience in a technical field.
- One or more years of leadership experience.
- Experience working with Agile Methodology.
- Knowledge of test case architecture development.
- Knowledge of user interface conversation flow design – User Journey Mapping.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience with effective written and verbal communications, organizational and keynote facilitation skills towards an executive audience (up to Director and VP level).
- Experience with Adobe XD, Sketch, MIRO or other design software.
- Experience working with different account types/functionalities.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results.
- Previous technical project or Chatbot experience.
- Experience with Test Case management architecture.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Your application has been successfully submitted.