Head of Natural Language Processing (NLP)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this role, the Director of NLP will build and lead the NLP department consisting of 5 to 6 smart, and driven NLP and machine learning experts including Developers, Engineers, and Data Scientists.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will partner with Product Management and the Engineering team to build a high-value NLP/ML team. This is the opportunity for you to build your team and work with an amazing team of engineers and developers in chatbot creation by creating processes to ensure Botpress delivers results.
- Define vision, scope, and road map of NLP Products and Team
- Build Botpress’ best practices for delivering ML in production with speed, quality, and reliability (in scope, on time)
- Define & build Botpress’ environment and ecosystem (tools, infrastructure, partnerships) required to accomplish NLP product's vision.
- As a Leader of the NLP group, you will lead the recruitment and retention strategy for your team but also coordinate the planning and execution of technical deliverables
- Lead design, research, and implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms and NLP systems that will contribute directly to the Botpress stack.
- Lead development, evaluation, and maintenance of NLP and machine learning solutions to identify and prevent regressions
- Conduct end-to-end NLP analysis, develop and deploy large-scale distributed applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-geographical teams @ Botpress
- Between 6-8 years of experience in an NLP/ML environment;
- Between 4-6 years of experience in a management position in Product, Project, or Engineering;
- 5+ years of professional experience building robust conversational AI or dialog management systems from scratch to scale
- Extensive experience in software engineering OR data science [NOT a research background];
- Responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining ML models in production at scale
- Excellent Captain: Ability to create alignment & focus
- Able to create a vision for his team and the Company
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Top-performer / over-achiever. Action Driven (a “DO’er”)
- Always on top of what’s new
Benefits & Culture
- You will join a team of ambitious individuals passionate about speed of execution, data-driven decisions, and, obviously, chatbots.
- You will contribute to the growth of one of the most popular AI chatbot dev tool in the world.
- Top-tier health benefits and access to telemedicine for you and your family.
- Flexibility to work remotely a few days a week.
- 3 weeks vacation per year + 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year.
- You get a laptop and top software to perform your best work.
- Competitive compensation, because that matters as well.
Botpress is a VC-backed, fast-growing Canadian startup building open developer tools to understand texts and automate complex conversations. We believe that the future of human-computer interactions will be in big part conversational, which will allow businesses to deliver services and software to customers with unparalleled customer experience and personalization. Botpress is the standard, reliable stack developers will use to build mind-blowing conversational applications.
Why join Botpress
Apart from joining an awesome team of talented, fast-moving, and cutting edge developers, you’ll be working with/on:
- A popular open-source project built for developers
- A modern stack used by hundreds of thousands of developers
- A product used by startups, schools, nonprofits, and Fortune 500 companies
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Open developer stack for building Conversational AI applications