This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a dreamer, innovator, thinker and a do-er who believes in contributing to something that makes difference
Pursue your Passion. Join PMI.
How you’ll make a difference
PMI’s Conversational Designer will design and deliver effective and innovative conversational experiences based on user-centered design methodologies that address customer needs and create a positive customer experience. You will be evaluating usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
Key to success is developing high-level and detailed conversational flows, multimodal mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate conversational interactions and design
Creating a contextual, optimized, personalized, seamless, natural interaction that is optimized across all of our Customer channels using various tools (ex. Chat/Messenger/Slack/Alexa bots, Virtual Assistants, IVR.) You will also provide insight into the impact of the digital landscape on customer experience and industry.
What you’ll bring to the role
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, or a related field. Equivalent experience may be considered
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with AI; virtual assistants; chatbot solutions and strategy; developing conversations or voice assistant design, solutions, and optimization (i.e. Alexa skills); as well as linguistic analysis, copy editing, or similar in content development roles (ex. agency and/or clients)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a contact center and/or customer service environment. Experience with customer support methodologies beneficial
- Understanding of relevant conversational design technologies and platforms (ex. LivePerson, Apple Chat, Alexa, Google)
- Experience in designing voice-only and voice-forward interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types
- Knowledge of voice user interface design, interaction design, visual design, motion design and user experience writing to deliver effective conversation design
- Demonstrated success with persona designing/writing
- Ability to effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary UX team to design and tune experiences and tools that leverage directed dialog and natural language speech grammars
- Strong interest in natural language processing, NLU, machine learning and related fields
- Demonstrated success in analyzing, managing, and organizing information to identify trends and extract key conclusions
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and an editorial mindset, with a particular focus on attention to detail, accuracy, grammar, spelling and phraseology
- Familiarity with visual interactive design beneficial
What you’ll get from PMI
Through our certifications, professional development, communities and membership, we support more than three million people in nearly every country in the world.
And we believe in supporting our employees, too.
Join us and:
- You’ll get an excellent total package, not just great pay.
- You’ll grow professionally. We’ll work with you to make the right development choices for your career. The skills you gain will help you to get the most out of your time with us, and make you more marketable in the future.
- You’ll make an impact from day one. We’ll put you on stimulating projects, with people from diverse working backgrounds (and cultures, if the project's global). Additionally if you have a bright idea, we’ll help you to develop it.
- You’ll be part of a culture you can be proud of. We’re friendly and inclusive – it’s what makes us unique. So we’ll support and help you from the moment you join. And you'll do the same for us.
Want to grow, develop and thrive at PMI? Find out more and apply today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world's leading association for project professionals and changemakers.