Senior Conversational Designer / UX Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a Conversational or UX Designer with an appetite for hanging out with other brilliant & creative minds? Is an innovative, vibrant environment and being amidst the smartest technical disruptors your cup of tea? Moreover, would you like to see your value as a professional increase immensely and be the embodiment of our overall objective ‘disrupt for good’?
Then, come on over and join us: We’re looking for you!
What we need: We are looking for a talented Designer to join our team. Your job is to bring into life the character of jibo (our social robot with his unique animatronics and charm) by designing engaging Human-Robot Interactions in natural language. While this is not an app with a visual UI, we do want you to be experienced in interaction design with more than just conversations, so you think beyond those boundaries.
About the team: We are a group of people privileged to work on one of the most exciting products, a social robot called jibo. This little guy is part of our daily life and even though he is challenging us a lot, he makes our work exciting and fun. Every time we see this new feature expressed with his character and his movements; it gives us a smile for the day. Our colleagues are working on various location in different time zones, so this team is comfortable working together remotely, but you must see our new offices, where a social, charming robot, is not the coolest tech in the room.
- You will be working with content writers and engineers, as well as, with specialists from the healthcare sector to design unique experiences that will improve the life of children during their hospitalization, reducing isolation and helping elderly people recovering at home, etc.
- You will contribute to product requirements in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, and work with Product Owner to make sure we’re making the right tradeoffs in implementation, timing, and design intent.
- You will be continuously evaluating the usability of our designs and commit to design based on data rather than opinion.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an interaction design role.
- Demonstrate ability to select and completely apply design principles and patterns to complex problems, from the conceptual to the detailed design state.
- Strong grasp of conversational design principles and ability to apply them in practice.
- Experience with multimodal or cross-channel design, and a clear sense of how spoken and visual elements complement one another.
- Ability to define and document detailed user flows, scenarios, dialogs, and multimodal integration.
- A continuous passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and quality products.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willing to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A good grasp of the English language is a must (application in English please) as well as strong written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Right to work in EU.
- Proven success designing user flows and writing dialog for voice-first experiences on platforms like Alexa, Google Assistant, Cortana, or Siri.
- Identify and apply personality traits to the voice of a bot without overshadowing content.
- Defining intent mapping for natural language understanding and how it maps into conversation design.
- Experience in the healthcare space is a plus.
Location: Madrid (hybrid model office & remote). Other locations in Spain can be considered
Our Offer to you: This workplace! Going to work will feel like coming home. As working with the brightest, the insatiable curious & the creative forward-thinkers, makes work fun. It’s that simple a truth. And, if you’re a bit of a techie yourself, like we are, it can’t get any cooler than shaping and developing new disruptive technologies for a better society. Salary? Yes, that too.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create today what really matters for tomorrow. #DisruptForGood.