This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mountain View, California; Plano, Texas; San Diego, California
The Developer Services and Experiences (DevX) team at Intuit builds foundational capabilities, including Conversational Experiences, that developers across Intuit use for building and running Intuit’s flagship applications in a cloud-native, highly scalable, and secure manner. Ease of use, high scale, quality, and reliability are some of the key attributes of this organization’s platforms. As a Senior Product Designer in this group with a focus on interaction design, you will have the opportunity to solve business-critical problems to enable developers, designers, and writers across Intuit to create conversational experiences across our ecosystem via leading-edge products, participate in the open-source community, and lead innovation within and outside of Intuit.
We are looking for candidates who have extensive interaction design experience in the software space, ideally with a focus on natural language conversational systems and tools, and a deep understanding of those platforms. Candidates should balance technical depth with customer empathy, strong execution capability, and a track record of building strong partnerships and delivering impactful business results. The candidate should be comfortable moving fast, with the gusto of an entrepreneur, and a proponent of teamwork. Get ready to dive in and ship awesomeness to our users, who are potentially like you.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant fields; Masters preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Expertise in conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision (or equivalent programs)
- A dazzling portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
- Experience with chatbot or voice platforms (Alexa, Rasa, DialogFlow, Watson, etc.) an asset
How you will lead
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing behavioral information and imagining things as they might be, not as they are
- Deliver detailed design specs and ideal state prototypes for testing concepts and usability
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow and validate based on experimentation and user research
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Innovate and discover the best ways to empower stakeholders to build awesome, engaging automated chat and voice conversational experiences
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, product managers, and engineering staff
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, user research data, and industry trends
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proud makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint.