Sr. Manager, Product Design, Conversational Interfaces
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do. Join our team and inspire digital transformations by creating new and compelling experiences for Global 500 companies – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
ServiceNow is a global company that builds global products. What makes us great is the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products. This role is part of the Experience Organization, made up of passionate people who work together to drive user research, UX and visual design, technical writing, prototyping (and more!) with the goal to create best in class enterprise software products.
While not mandatory, we do strive to find people with enterprise B2B product experience in one or more of our product domains including IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management, or Finance & Legal.
What we expect you to achieve in this role:
- Lead UX design for a suite of conversational AI products working across a team of designers
- Recognized as owner and leader in multiple management domains
- Effectively mentors and nurtures the design team
- Directly manages 8-10 designers and/or managers
- Considers team dynamics when executing design decisions
- Plans design efforts to benefit stakeholders & other departments
- Establishes measurement for successful design work
- Leads/runs design discussions
- Leads and develops short and long-term roadmaps for product design execution
- Considers all feedback regardless of department/position/relationship, and communicates relevant information back to the team
- Drives team meetings with Senior Leadership to keep efforts on track
- Establishes and enforces organizational processes and programs to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provide guidance on hiring efforts and growing the design team
- Evangelizes design thinking and is seen as a thought leader within the company and the UX design industry
What you get to do in this role:
- Change the way people work through design thinking and develop experiences using AI, Machine Learning and Mobile technology
- Oversee a portfolio of products, while acting as a mentor & manager to subordinates
- Work closely with Product and Engineering from strategic definition, planning, architecture, and innovation through tactical execution of the Product Roadmaps
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem
- Assist in conducting user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis and user testing, develop usability plans
- Develop high level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others
- Lead your team through rapid iteration of theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions
- Oversee your team's work: detailed mockups, prototypes and behavior specifications
- Understand the company's Design Systems, encourage their application, and contribute to their further development and maintenance.
- Participate in documentation development process such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in interaction design, cognitive science, visual design, game design, cognitive psychology, sociology, or related disciplines
- Minimum 5+ years of experience managing people and/or leading design teams
- Minimum 9+ years of experience in UX Design and/or Interaction Design field
- At least 1-2 years of experience in conversational or messaging interfaces (chat bots, virtual assistants, voice, and/or admin tools)
- Enterprise product design experience in one of the following verticals: IT, Security Operations, Customer Service Management, Human Resources, Performance Analytics, or Consumer Brands
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos
- Knowledge of web design technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Experience working in an agile or incremental manner
- Experience working with tools such as ServiceNow, Miro, or Abstract
- Experience in creating content and/or designing with compliance to WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA guidelines
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, unlimited vacation, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A purpose-driven company, making work, work better for people guides everything we do.