100% remote opportunity
ADP is hiring a remote, Lead Computational Linguist
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you fascinated by the potential of large language models and have the knack of creating the perfect prompt and also realize the need for scripted intelligence for specific scenarios?
- Are you empathic to client needs and committed to leveraging research to create elegant, easy-to-use experiences?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you will work with a highly creative and intelligent team working on new innovative solutions for everyday workers. As our Linguist, you directly impact and ensure the team builds tools that our customers love. Your work will touch millions of end-users. This role is a great opportunity to contribute to projects that allow you to provide a better experience without limiting your creativity by what we already use.
As a Lead Computational Linguist, you will leverage your expertise in NLU, machine learning, and human language data sets to create customer-centric experiences for an industry-leading virtual assistant. You’ll work alongside conversational designers, researchers, product managers, data analysts, developers, and business partners to design high impact conversational AI experiences for our customers. You will help drive the evolution from our current generation NLP platforms/technologies (Dialogflow, Alexa, Watson, etc.) to our next gen technologies (LLMs).
To thrive in this role, you should have extensive experience implementing, scaling, and managing NLU models and data sets in the conversational AI space. The candidate will be expected to flex from being strategic to tactical, creative to analytical, and easily navigate across multiple disciplines in a high-speed environment. The candidate should have experience working with conversational AI platforms (Dialogflow, Alexa, Watson, etc.)
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
What You'll Do:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- As the Lead Computational Linguist for the team, your job is to plan a sprint ahead, anticipating what the engineering team needs to build. You'll do design planning with the product owners, engineering, and UX team/leaders for future work and backlog grooming. You will use your skills to research, design, implement, analyze, and iterate conversational NLU classifiers with the team.
- You'll incorporate feedback from client users into each iteration of work. Understanding the problem through user research will help you deliver the right solution. You have a desire and aptitude for spotting User Experience trends and turning them into enterprise recommendations.
- Your communication skills are vital to your success, whether in discussions with engineers, client users, or peers. Being vocal in your craft is valuable to this role.
- You will utilize quantitative and qualitative chatbot performance metrics to identify model enhancements and lead training data labeling and training data analysis efforts. Your role will drive model optimization activities by leading transcript review efforts and assist with the implementation of conversational AI experiences on NLU platform.
- You’ll think about performance, reliability and scalability of prompts and NLU classifiers across all platforms. While troubleshooting and debugging issues related to prompt for generative models and algorithms.
- Inevitable challenges will arise, and we'll rely on you to look for a solution.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent.
- You’ll have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to think critically and creatively.
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ll have experience with GenAI and Large Language Models.
- You bring both your experience and understanding to identify, evaluate, and manage natural language training data sets and prompts.
- You're comfortable working on next-generation products with innovative tech stacks that may be new to you.
- You have 3+ years of experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) or related fields, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology and/or discourse and 1+ years of experience in computational linguistics for voice or chat AI products.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more.
Salary range for this role is: $75,600- $202,590/year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Always designing for people.