Principal Program Manager (Conversational AI)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join the Microsoft Conversational AI team and contribute to Bot Framework and Azure Bot Service, the world’s most powerful platform for creating conversational experiences! We build and operate the components and services used to connect AI systems up to users on Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger, Office 365 mail, and more. We’re an agile, cross-discipline team with experience in social, search+graph, and conversation-driven experiences, and our goal is to enable our customers to create natural conversational systems used in business, social, and humanitarian scenarios.
Azure Bot Service is the online nexus for these technologies: we create developer platforms that make it easy to create a Bot Framework bot, and run it online in Azure. We’re involved in every part of the developer and user experience: we operate the Bot Framework developer portal (https://dev.botframework.com) the entry point to all Bot Framework channels; we define conversational protocols used by Teams, Skype, Outlook, and others; we operate services that handled billions of requests per day; we add innovative new features into the SDKs and tools used by developers in creating their bots. Our team works predominantly in C# and .Net, with some properties in JS/React, and we ship on Azure and open-source technologies like Azure Web Apps and Kubernetes. We spend our time building high-volume, reliable services on the best technology available from Microsoft and the open-source community.
The Conversational AI team in the Cloud & AI division is looking for a Program Manager who can take a key role in this transformation. You will partner closely with our engineering, design, field and marketing teams to understand our customers and their vision, and help translate that into execution plans that include not just the Bot Service team but partner teams that provide chat channels, Cognitive Services, and teams building conversational AI’s within the company. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. We are passionate about learning on the job, and our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we try to bring our growth mindset to work every day!
What you’ll be doing:
- Ambassador of Microsoft’s Conversational AI story internally and externally
- Engaging our customers both interactively and quantitatively to understand their needs and requirements
- Coordinating efforts with other AI and Microsoft teams to deliver end to end solutions for customers
- Understanding and representing our business goals and status within the company
- Owning and driving our participation in some of the broader organization’s rhythms of business
- Partnering with our engineers to drive delivery of quality features
- Collaborating with marketing, field, evangelism, and other teams to connect with and help our customers build Azure based systems of intelligence.
- Taking an adaptive role in the team; tackling new and different problems as we evolve our products and processes
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical IT work experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience in leading a program or product management group.
- 2+ years of experience in shipping a successful 1.0 product.
- MBA or a graduate/doctorate degree in Computer Science
- Depth in delivering complext user experience.
- Experience with web development/cloud technologies
- Exceptional ability to negotiate and collaborate across groups to achieve customer success
- Exceptional analytical technical skills to solve tough data and CS problems
- Extreme customer focus with past experience working with enterprise customers and developers
- Strong self-drive to learn and build new skills rapidly
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.