Chatlayer UX Designer
Are you passionate about improving people’s lives through good design? Do you want to learn more about Machine Learning and help us bring Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the next level – the human level? At Chatlayer, the product of Sinch, we aim to do just that!
Sinch brings businesses and people closer together with tools for personal engagement. Our cloud communications platform reaches every mobile phone on the planet in just a few seconds through mobile messaging, voice, and video.
But that is just the beginning, we want to do so much more.
Wanna join us?
Then you should be our new UX Designer!
The essence of the role
Good design can change people’s lives. You’ll play a key role in moving our product forward with an emphasis on interaction design, usability, and visual engagement. Creating an amazing user experience for our clients is your main goal, and you’ll be involved in every step of the process: user research, product analytics, prototyping, creating prototypes, and executing designs based on the Sinch Design System.
You’ll rapidly iterate and shape the user experience from testing raw concepts through to final production. You’ll be working closely with the product team, developers, and other relevant stakeholders. Together with the design team, you’ll help delivering a product that impacts millions of people.
What you’ll do day in, day out:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design work for Chatlayer
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team that includes a Product Manager, Engineers, and Machine Learning experts
- Be part of the Sinch UX team to ensure consistency, as well as improve design principles and practices across the company
- Truly understand the user journeys and how they contribute to Chatlayer’s objectives
- Report to our Chief Product Officer
Who are we looking for?
You have an 'eye for design' and a good sense of aesthetics combined with a high degree of technical understanding, logical thinking, and the ability to understand complex systems. As we are still, in a sense, in the beginning of our design thinking journey, there are plenty of opportunities for you to bring your ideas and experience and make a real impact here.
In order to contribute to this role, you have:
- An educational background (or relevant working experience) that provided you with a solid understanding of the entire UX design process
- Worked on several different products to improve their user experience
- A very strong technical interest (or even better, experience in working with technical products such as web applications or SaaS products)
- Ability to work with a product like Figma, InVision, or Sketch
- Experience with analyzing user feedback and activity, user testing, and prototyping
- Great spoken & written English skills
You’ll shine even brighter if you:
- Have previous experience with chatbots and/or conversational messaging platforms
- Can convey ideas quickly and enjoy open discussion and constructive feedback
- You invest in your own development by reading (or writing) articles, attending workshops and conferences
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary plus benefits
- A young and ambitious team that supports each other through thick and thin
- The opportunity to work with teams and clients from across the globe
- A chance to join our awesome padel or rock climbing team
- Lots of ownership and the freedom to do your job the way you think is best
Are you ready? Join us on our journey!
About the recruitment process:
To help us place the right people in the right role, we believe in science-based and fair assessment methods. We follow a competence-based, structured interview process where your skills, experience and attributes relevant to the role and Sinch will be assessed. As part of our recruitment process, pre-employment testing is used to help us increase our hiring success by identifying the candidates that are most likely to thrive and be successful in the role. We acknowledge that there are two parties making a decision in this process and welcome you to ask any questions you may have at any stage of the process.
Sinch is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We bring all people and businesses closer together with tools enabling personalized engagement. #WeAreSinch!