Senior Engineer, Thinking Machines
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
Replicant is building the world's first autonomous contact center that works out-of-the-box to solve customer problems over the phone using voice AI. You can think of Replicant Voice as a self-service, Thinking Machine™. Just like agents, Replicant is able to speak with customers in a natural tone, answer questions without delay, and deflect calls to resolve customer issues quickly. Now, enterprise customers can eliminate hold times, manage unpredictable call volumes, and give agents time back to resolve high empathy cases with a new, human + AI operating model.
If you’re excited by AI and human-to-machine communications and want to make an impact with great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. In the last year we've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 100x, and was named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Replicant is an ecosystem for crafting conversations, with in-house deep-learning algorithms we’ve built from scratch that allow our Thinking Machines™ to listen, think, and interact with the world. We have also built a suite of tools for conversation design and development, monitoring, testing, continuous learning, and constant improvement.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer with strong development and communication skills to design, build, and improve customer facing Thinking Machines™. You will have the opportunity to improve our core services where necessary, implement clean communication between various internal and external systems, explore Conversational UIs, and help level up our growing team.
What You'll Do
- Solving interesting challenges as not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions
- Ownership; we know that we don’t know everything and will need you to help us:
- Develop Thinking Machines™ in Typescript and in-house visualization tools
- Use internal tools to build machine learning models
- Work closely with developers, project teams, and customers
- Review and write API specifications for internal and external stakeholders
- Write, run, and maintain scripts to retrieve or modify data
- Review and improve our internal tools and models for creating Thinking Machines™
What You'll Bring
- You have excellent communication skills and a vivid imagination
- You have a keen eye for data flow and building understandable, testable systems
- You are an independent thinker and like to own and solve complex problems
- You are interested in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations
- Experience working with REST APIs, Authentication (OAuth 2.0 and Basic)
- Experience with enterprise tools like Salesforce and Zendesk experience is a plus
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous contact center that brings always-on, elastic capacity to every customer experience with voice AI