AI Conversation Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a substantial library of hit series and movies, and live television. Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Our combined Hulu and Disney team is looking for hardworking team-players to join the Disney+ Customer Experience team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace non-traditional thinking, and who are passionate about supplying to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The combined Disney Streaming and Hulu Viewer Experience (VX, or Customer Support) organization is seeking an AI Conversation Designer who will be an invaluable addition to our Self-Service Content & Engagement team. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting conversational flows for both text and voice-forward AI channels across Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ self-service channels. You’ll collaborate with teams to build conversational experiences that bridge the gap between self-service and assisted support. You'll also work with content creators, strategists, and editors to ensure a holistic Tone of Voice and unified content strategy across all support content. The right person for this role is a strong writer with a background in conversation design who understands their audience and has deep courtesy for anyone who just wants to unwind with some trouble-free TV time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own every stage of the conversation design process, from research and design mapping to script writing and QA across Disney Streaming brands
- Design intuitive and adaptive user journeys for multiple chatbots
- Design conversational flows for various voice-driven AI channels (IVA, IVR)
- Work closely with partners to develop outstanding personalities for all Disney Streaming chatbots and IVAs
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other partners to guide the user experience of an AI product from conception until launch (and then come back and make improvements)
- Use data and user insights to optimize existing conversational flows
- Document standards, frameworks, and processes for Conversation Design
- Balance multiple projects at once, while prioritizing your tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Coordinate the localization process for our global audiences (16 languages and counting)
WHAT TO BRING
- Excellent writing skills (outstanding spelling and grammar) and consistent record of writing in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
- 2+ years of experience crafting conversational experiences for AI channels
- Portfolio featuring examples of conversational experiences
- Validated experience supplying to design for products in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of how qualitative and quantitative research can improve your designs
- Confirmed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Knowledge of and experience with natural language processing
- Degree in Linguistics, English, Journalism, or Screenwriting
- Experience working with localization teams
- Understanding of how SEO principles influence writing and knowledge of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
Your application has been successfully submitted.