Product Manager – Conversational AI
About the Company:
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? At eBay, your work makes a difference.
We are seeking for our Customer Service Technology team an experienced Product Manager responsible for defining our long-term Conversational AI strategy for Help and turning it into phenomenal customer experiences, every step of the way. The Product Manager will work closely with all partners across the business within a fast moving, goal-oriented culture of business partners, customers, peer product managers, development teams, QA, reporting, and other functions, to meet product goals and improve the customer experience when they need help. The products we produce deliver meaningful changes to our customer’s experiences and produce tangible operational efficiencies for the business.
- Develop, maintain and execute against a Conversational AI product roadmap
- Ideate, and drive data-driven decisions using various inputs sources
- Responsible for the planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including collecting and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the vision and ensuring delivery of high-quality features on time to achieve defined customer satisfaction goals
- Expand customer use cases that can be resolved via voice or text Helpbot and ensure a continuous feedback loop from contact centers and customers to identify problems and improvement opportunities
- Partner closely with analytics and content teams to ensure proper measurement instrumentation, monitoring and reporting of product success post launch
- Understand the dynamics and drivers of critical metrics and provide business recommendations accordingly
- Communicate plans and progress to leadership and partner teams
- Evangelize the Self-Service products across the organization, drive integration and ensure desired positive impact is achieved
- Establish and refine processes to ensure quality and accuracy in the Conversational AI channels
Job requirements and Qualifications
- BS / BA degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years in product management with at least 3 years in Agile environment
- 2+ years of direct experience building a successful text and/or voice conversational bot in e-commerce marketplaces
- 2+ years leading a product related to machine learning or natural language processing applied to consumer web
- Excellent leadership and communication skills across all levels of the organization. Be able to build strategic relationship across organization and levels
- Technical savvy to support an understanding of the technical capabilities and constraints
- Strong collaboration skills and mindset to foster a collaborative environment with both engineering and business resources
- Demonstrate a real passion for building amazing customer experiences
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, handle a dynamic and changing environment, and possess good judgment
- Proven growth mindset. Ability to think creatively and challenge the status quo
- Possess the ability to balance innovation and operational effectiveness, be able to optimize productivity and efficiency when working with your partners
- Curious and seeks answers and remain well-informed of industry offerings to create a successful product and customer experience
- Track record of delivering best-in-class customer experiences
- Conversational UX Design experience a strong plus
- Comfort operating in global environments across locations, and time zones
- Analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely a diverse group of backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Your application has been successfully submitted.